PE License in Texas state

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no_concentrate

Reaction score
I have applied for PE License in Texas state through NCEES online and also paid $75 fees. It will be 2 months now on 18th Dec. and I didn't heard from them back. Can anyone guide me that do I have to send them any documents online or by post? I have emailed them also but I havn't heard from them.
Any words of wisdom are highly appreciated

I did it through TBPE and the process was very smooth (about 4 weeks process to get approved), If you have a TBPE account log into it, and click on "check status" you should see the status and the person's name and email in charge of your application, you should send your email directly to that person and they usually answer within 48h. Good luck

Yes I did One month back.
It'll probably take another month or month and a half. I would imagine they have a large backlog from the last Civil Pencil and Paper exams in October. If you sent everything in and you are at the administrative review step, it will only show the fee and and application received for a while.

It'll probably take another month or month and a half. I would imagine they have a large backlog from the last Civil Pencil and Paper exams in October. If you sent everything in and you are at the administrative review step, it will only show the fee and and application received for a while.
Yes you rightly said my application is in administrative review! I am also assuming that It may going to take one and half month more.

Is it possible to submit the work experiences and references through NCEES when we apply online, or it needs to be mailed the sealed envelope for the references to the board?

Is it possible to submit the work experiences and references through NCEES when we apply online, or it needs to be mailed the sealed envelope for the references to the board
You can submit your references and work experience through NCEES ; that's what I did.

You can submit your references and work experience through NCEES ; that's what I did.
So you didn't have to complete the application twice? The website says to complete the online application in entirety even if you're sending info from NCEES.
Did you send in your NCEES record, references and work experiences before or after your TBPE application?

So you didn't have to complete the application twice? The website says to complete the online application in entirety even if you're sending info from NCEES.
Did you send in your NCEES record, references and work experiences before or after your TBPE application?
No I didn't send it twice but I am still waiting for my PE License to approve...its technical review is still pending.

I got my application approved and I got my seal too. Thanks to all community members for their support and guidance.
Congrats on getting your seal! Quick question, did you apply via comity/out of state? If so, do you know how long it takes the Texas board/Identogo to process fingerprint cards? I am applying out of state and had to mail a paper copy of the FD-258 fingerprint card.
Thanks in advance!

Congrats on getting your seal! Quick question, did you apply via comity/out of state? If so, do you know how long it takes the Texas board/Identogo to process fingerprint cards? I am applying out of state and had to mail a paper copy of the FD-258 fingerprint card.
Thanks in advance!
I won't be able to answer the question as I didn't apply out of state. All the best for your process.

Do you remember how long it was until you received your approval from the board after your application was marked under, "Technical Review"? My admin review was relatively quick in comparison to most, but I am just curious how long it will be now. Patience is a virtue...that I am still working on. lol

Do you remember how long it was until you received your approval from the board after your application was marked under, "Technical Review"? My admin review was relatively quick in comparison to most, but I am just curious how long it will be now. Patience is a virtue...that I am still working on. lol
It took more than a month from admin review to Techincal review to complete and total time my application took 7 weeks. I am glad you are working on your patience. I know its hard to wait but all the best for your wait :). I hope you will hear the good new soon,

How long does it take to complete the administrative review? and after that how long does it takes for technical review? Thank you.

It took more than a month from admin review to Techincal review to complete and total time my application took 7 weeks. I am glad you are working on your patience. I know its hard to wait but all the best for your wait :). I hope you will hear the good new soon,
It's been 20 days it says administrative review. how long does each step takes I mean administrative review and technical review? Thank you.

I got my license last week. I am putting my timeline here for reference here.

Application date: December 4, 2022
Administrative Review Completed on: January 31, 2023
Technical Review and PE Approval: February 8, 2023

Emailing the reviewer helps the process. Good Luck.

Back