PE License Address Listing - CA PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustWantMyLicense

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the California Board from listing your exact home address in the license lookup? This seems wholly unnecessary and a breach of privacy. The state has my address records and can forward it along if there was ever any legal need. For other states where I am licensed they simply list the city of residence, which seems much more appropriate. Does anyone know if I can get it removed?

California law requires an "address of record" be available publicly for licensed engineers. It is up to the individual licensee to decide what that address is - only requirement is that the licensee has to be able to receive mail at that address.

Licensees use different addresses including residence, business address, or a PO Box.

You can simply login or register in BPELSG Connect and indicate which your address you want to the "address of record"

https://connect.bpelsg.ca.gov/#/

For whatever it's worth, Louisiana publishes your full address also. It's not just CA.

Back