PE Exam results wait time?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For South Carolina, October PE results were released Dec 14th. so I guess anywhere between 6-8 weeks.

Snickerd is right,LOL! Its a tough wait but worth it in the end. My emotions and confidence ran wild untill the results were posted. Its a right of passage that can help tell you a bit about yourself. Try to observe yourself and learn from it.
I occupied myself with social activities by reconnecting with the world I shut off trying to study helped time pass. That worked untill that last couple weeks and then it was all I could think about. Whether to start studying again or prepare my resume was all consuming.
That day you get the email from NCEES saying you passed is the best... If not study again like its the only thing that exists lol!

Good to see Oklahoma was one of the first reporters. I hope the same is true this time!

Hmmm if they can do it in 6 to 8 weeks last October 2011 that is very good, compared to back then when I took FE years ago, the results came 3 months later.

Quite scientifically. I believe they use something called a 'dart board', whatever that is.
Dart Board...

That's the latest quasi random-walk, artificial neural-net algorithm application that NCEES uses to determine not only the cut score, average passing score, and time to release scores, but also the actual state that will receive results first, right?

I understand it is more complex than feeding some paper through a scantron. I was lookin for Specific information from previous tests, such as the attached map. Thanks!

Quite scientifically. I believe they use something called a 'dart board', whatever that is.
Dart Board...

That's the latest quasi random-walk, artificial neural-net algorithm application that NCEES uses to determine not only the cut score, average passing score, and time to release scores, but also the actual state that will receive results first, right?
Yes, I believe it's called Skynet.

I understand it is more complex than feeding some paper through a scantron. I was lookin for Specific information from previous tests, such as the attached map. Thanks!

The October 2011 diagnostic report results from those who posted them are mostly compiled here for the CIVIL tests:

http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=17762

Top failing score from those posted results was as follows:

Construction: 54

Water Resources: 50

Transportation: 54

Geotech: 51

This changes each time the exam is administered though and again, this is only based on who posted. The sample size is kind of small for some disciplines.

In other news, I ended up on this topic trying to figure out which will come first, my PE exam results (taken in Massachusetts) or my baby, due on May 28th... The wait is on!

The October 2011 diagnostic report results from those who posted them are mostly compiled here for the CIVIL tests:

http://engineerboard...showtopic=17762

Top failing score from those posted results was as follows:

Construction: 54

Water Resources: 50

Transportation: 54

Geotech: 51

This changes each time the exam is administered though and again, this is only based on who posted. The sample size is kind of small for some disciplines.
Structural: 49/80 - OCt 2011

So far Structural is the toughest, it seems the cut score could be around 50/80 or who knows.

Back