PE Certificate Frame w/Pencil

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone,

Well the New York State Education department finally did something without delay - I received my two certificates (one a parchment and the other a license) in the mail yesterday :B

I ran right out to Michael's and paid the exorbitant amount of money to have it framed with one of the three pencils I received after the test. (I'm embarrassed to even tell anyone here the number).

Then, I get back home and my Stamp arrives as well :)  

I wind up not sleeping wondering if I did the right thing, then it suddenly occurs to me that I should have put an impression of my Seal in with the pencil.  So I run over to Michaels again this afternoon and have them change it (amazingly, they are very nice about it and do not charge me anything additional - but then again, they cleaned out my Bank account already).

Below are the two images that Michael's created for me - the original from yesterday, and the modified one from today.

My wife thinks I'm crazy :rolleyes:

View attachment 11813

View attachment 11814

When I get the final product I'll take a picture of that and show it as well.
craziness is all relative. Proud Engineer. Its all good. Congrats

Hi everyone,

Well the New York State Education department finally did something without delay - I received my two certificates (one a parchment and the other a license) in the mail yesterday :B

I ran right out to Michael's and paid the exorbitant amount of money to have it framed with one of the three pencils I received after the test. (I'm embarrassed to even tell anyone here the number).

Then, I get back home and my Stamp arrives as well :)  

I wind up not sleeping wondering if I did the right thing, then it suddenly occurs to me that I should have put an impression of my Seal in with the pencil.  So I run over to Michaels again this afternoon and have them change it (amazingly, they are very nice about it and do not charge me anything additional - but then again, they cleaned out my Bank account already).

Below are the two images that Michael's created for me - the original from yesterday, and the modified one from today.

My wife thinks I'm crazy :rolleyes:

View attachment 11813

View attachment 11814

When I get the final product I'll take a picture of that and show it as well.
Congratulations !... I like the addition of the seal...

Very nice man !... you waited long enough for it... gotta make it look good !

@utilityeng....thank you so much for the idea, I just had my wall certificate framed and really liked the results. Michael's (Aaron's Brothers) did a great job and they gave me 65% off! 

View attachment 11755
Wow I really like it! April 2018 is same cycle I took my 8hours exam in Bay Area, if may I ask .. Did you send the certificate and the pen to Aaron’s brothers and they framed it for you ? How many day it took to get it back, because they don’t have a physical store in bay area. Thanks 

Wow I really like it! April 2018 is same cycle I took my 8hours exam in Bay Area, if may I ask .. Did you send the certificate and the pen to Aaron’s brothers and they framed it for you ? How many day it took to get it back, because they don’t have a physical store in bay area. Thanks 
Thanks! Yes I brought my certificate and pencil to Michael's (because Aaron Brothers no longer has physical stores, at least not in my area) and the lady I spoke with did all the layout in front of me. Great service. The turn-around time was under 2 weeks and well worth the wait.

Congrats on passing the exam and now treat yourself to a nice frame!

Looks awesome.. how do I get that 65% off, any link/contact? how much did it cost in the end?
Thanks! I just watched the sales on line (https://www.michaels.com/custom-framing ) and waited for the next best deal. They have one every month it seems, right now you can get 40% by following the link above but you have to order on-line. I'd wait until they have an in-store coupon deal so you can go in person and talk to an associate. I ended up paying around $170 when it was all said and done.

Good luck!

Also - a suggestion that I used when I framed my tassel and degrees, is to cut your own mat (I think they had mat cutters at michaels/hobby lobby) and make it fit in a non custom frame size. would be less than 50 bucks this way. especially if you buy the frame at 50% off on the hobby lobby week. FYI hobby lobby has 2 cycles of sales and they alternate weeks. if the sale price is less than 40% then wait when it's not on sale and use the coupon. 

Back