PE Application in California

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tg05ahe

Reaction score
Thank god, I finally found here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My case is little bit special. I saw several posts in this forum and most are waiting for the approval of the application. But my case is that I DID NOT even received one postcard of the two. But I saw the application fee was charged on October 27th, 2013.

I was trying to call the evaluator but it is always an voicemail.

I really have no idea what is going on. Is there anyone here like? Any suggestions? Greatly appreciate all your help and answers!!!!!!!!!

Relax. ;) Have you also e-mailed your evaluator? http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/about_us/contact.shtml How many times have you called your evaluator? How many messages have you left your evaluator? Have you given your evaluator fair time to call back? Have you called the main line? In my experience, they are busy but if you leave a message or send an e-mail, they'll get back to you within a few business days.

Relax. ;) Have you also e-mailed your evaluator? http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/about_us/contact.shtml How many times have you called your evaluator? How many messages have you left your evaluator? Have you given your evaluator fair time to call back? Have you called the main line? In my experience, they are busy but if you leave a message or send an e-mail, they'll get back to you within a few business days.
Thank you for your reply!

Yes. I've tried every way. My first call started in December during Christmas time. And then several calls after that as well. My last call was yesterday.

I also sent out an email both yesterday and today. I called today to require my applicant ID.

Upon your response, probably I need to wait for some time. But I am leaving for another Country next week and will be back one month later. NCEES's exam registration will be closed by February 20th.

Again, thank you so much for your reply!

From the little I've been able to find out, the response rate seems extremely varied - Some get replies in 4 days, some in 4 months and there seems to be no rhyme or reason which. I've wondered if physically going into their office would yield any better results. They say they don't respond to inquiries "by phone or email". The (tiny) optimist in me wants to think that means they would be more responsive in person but I haven't tested the idea yet. You're not alone in your frustrations with the board.

Maybe you can go ahead and register with NCEES, pay the fee, and then if you don't get approved, you can ask them to refund you or credit it towards next round? I don't know if that's possible, just a thought.

From the CA FAQ:

"Applicants can confirm with their bank that the application check has been processed, and receipt of the postcards will confirm processing and approval of applications."

Doesn't exactly answer your question, but it's info for consideration. The US post office is FAR from flawless....Although it's not certain, I think it's reasonable to assume that if your check cleared, that they got your application and it's under review. Now that second postcard on the other hand... if that gets lost in the mail, I don't know you ever find out what's going on.

I'm sure out of the 13,000 some odd applications they get every year, they've never misplaced a single one......

From the little I've been able to find out, the response rate seems extremely varied - Some get replies in 4 days, some in 4 months and there seems to be no rhyme or reason which. I've wondered if physically going into their office would yield any better results. They say they don't respond to inquiries "by phone or email". The (tiny) optimist in me wants to think that means they would be more responsive in person but I haven't tested the idea yet. You're not alone in your frustrations with the board.

Maybe you can go ahead and register with NCEES, pay the fee, and then if you don't get approved, you can ask them to refund you or credit it towards next round? I don't know if that's possible, just a thought.
It is really a frustrated experience. How could they set up such an inefficient status check up system. Mails got lost easily.............

I don't think NCEES could refund the money since the seat has been reserved for you. But thanks for the suggestion, I will double check with NCEES to see if this is possible.

Hope everyone got the same problem could be solved eventually.

Still guessing, but based on my experience so far (which isn't much, but...) If you are out of the country, no one can check your mail while you're gone, and the NCEES deadline is nearing - If you email and explain that to your evaluator, they would probably get you the information you need. For example, I was finally told by my evaluator that if I don't have a response by Feb 10th to contact them so it can be chased down in time to register.

Still guessing, but based on my experience so far (which isn't much, but...) If you are out of the country, no one can check your mail while you're gone, and the NCEES deadline is nearing - If you email and explain that to your evaluator, they would probably get you the information you need. For example, I was finally told by my evaluator that if I don't have a response by Feb 10th to contact them so it can be chased down in time to register.

My friend living in Sacramento helped me visit there in person. Unfortunately, they won't disclose any information to the one who is not the applicant itself. They told her if I could visit there by myself, I could probably get some updates.

The three elvaluators will be there next Tuesday till 3pm. Hope this would help.

I am really busy right now since I am leaving next week.

Back