Paperless states?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickerd3

Taking suggestions
Reaction score
IL is going completely paperless for all licenses...I went to renew my license and on the main page they explain they aren't providing paper licenses anymore to save $ on paper, postage etc.  They send you to a link and you can print off one for yourself.   

I think that is pretty cool. I just got my pocket card and letter notifying that my application has been accepted and I am now a licensed professional engineer from North Carolina, but have to wait 6 to 8 weeks before I get the actual certificate. 

Ya, WI went paperless quite a while ago. At any point, we can download a standard PDF certificate or a fancy one (also PDF) signed by the Governor. Any actual official documents can be ordered for a fee.

It was kind of annoying that IL was sending me the paper copy every year. 

I liked the fancy paper mini cert and pocket card.  I will have to ask one of the admins to print it in color for me.  they took our color printer away

We have to submit the current certificate as part of the Request For Qualification bids for municipal contracts. The paperless route would not be a big deal since we can prnt them ourselves anyway.

My paper card got doused in beer two weekends ago, and water this past weekend... I guess I should have laminated it when they told me to.

Back