Oregon PE Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still haven't got my results for the FE. Quick question for those new PEs, how long does the license last before you need to renew it. Thanks and Congrats to those that passed.
ND099, for yours and my sake, I'm hoping that the longer you wait doesn't correlate to whether you pass. If that's the case, I surely failed. I can't tell you how much it irritates me. I paid $700 freaking dollars for this exam and the SE III, all I want is a little priority for my dollar!

By the time I have my SE, I'll be a :eek:ld-025:

Still haven't got my results for the FE. Quick question for those new PEs, how long does the license last before you need to renew it. Thanks and Congrats to those that passed.
After the first renewal it becomes a 2 year renewal process. For now though my expiration date is Dec. 31, 2010. But it all depends on your last name what date you land on.

Does anyone know how many people took the FE and PE in Oregon? Is there any logical order to the licensee ID #?

My wife just called, I PASSED!

I took the SE II. I'm not sure if I'm ready for the SE III this October. I haven't studied a wink since the SE II (my own fault). In the meantime, I've been marketing myself like crazy in this down economy.

Good luck to the rest of you. I was fully dreading the letter when my wife told me over the phone. What a relief!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats McEngr!!!
You studied hard and so deserved that exam!

Thanks kevo,

I ordered the SEAW course notes, if you'd like to share on a more individual basis for the SE III, let me know! I also have the seismic detailing of concrete structures published by PCA, all the SEAOC seismic manuals, and a few more things that should help.

Congrats McEngr! That's fantastic news!

Also, I wanted to share an interesting story that happened to one of my co-workers. She felt so bad about how she did on the exam and was sure she had failed it, she didn't bother sending in her ethics exam after the test. So, when everyone else received their pass/fail letters, my coworker received a letter that told her they wouldn't release the exam results until she sent in the ethics test. In addition, the database was updated to show other people with their new PE listings, and her's still said EI. Everyone (including my co-worker) assumed this meant that she had failed the PE. It turned out that she actually PASSED the PE exam but since she didn't submit the ethics test, they didn't update the database because they didn't want to show her as a PE until she pased the ethics part. She finally sent in the ethics exam, passed it, and then was informed of her passing result. All that heartache caused by not submitting your ethics exam in time.

The big lesson here is to make sure you submit your ethics exam before the results come out. No, you don't really need to submit it within 10 days like the instructions say, just before the exam results are mailed out.

I wish all states posted statistics on pass rates like California does for the FE and PE.

P.S. Still waiting for my results...

Last edited by a moderator:
McEngr, are you listed on the website?
Well, I don't count because the SE II is only a stepping stone test. Before my status changes from CE to SE I have to pass the WA SE III. If you're not a structural, it's a bit of time to explain.

I took the SE II. I'm not sure if I'm ready for the SE III this October. I haven't studied a wink since the SE II (my own fault). In the meantime, I've been marketing myself like crazy in this down economy.

Good luck to the rest of you. I was fully dreading the letter when my wife told me over the phone. What a relief!
About f*cking time!

Congratulations!

Congratulations! :party-smiley-048: :multiplespotting:

what is meaning this mail?

"you must pass the take-home questionnaire before your April 2009 examination results will be released. I mailed a copy of the take-home questionnaire and supporting information to the address on file"

I pass or fail?

what is meaning this mail?
"you must pass the take-home questionnaire before your April 2009 examination results will be released. I mailed a copy of the take-home questionnaire and supporting information to the address on file"

I pass or fail?

There was a package at the test site that contained a take home exam that had ethics and law questions on it. That needs to be filled out and returned to OSBEELS before you receive your results. It sounds like they are mailing you the package that needs to be filled out.

I won't guarantee it but you probably passed. It doesn't seem to makes sense that they would withhold a failing grade. But you won't be licensed until you get the actual results.

There was a package at the test site that contained a take home exam that had ethics and law questions on it. That needs to be filled out and returned to OSBEELS before you receive your results. It sounds like they are mailing you the package that needs to be filled out.
I won't guarantee it but you probably passed. It doesn't seem to makes sense that they would withhold a failing grade. But you won't be licensed until you get the actual results.

I filled out the take home exam and sended the take home exam.

But I cant receive my pe exam result yet.

So I mailed to them " I cant received my pe exam result" and that is their reply.

I am confused.

pass or fail?

thanks nojo for your reply

I filled out the take home exam and sended the take home exam.But I cant receive my pe exam result yet.

So I mailed to them " I cant received my pe exam result" and that is their reply.

I am confused.

pass or fail?

thanks nojo for your reply
It is also possible that you failed the take home exam. They will resend the take home exam until you pass it from what I understand.

Well guys, I still haven't received my results for the FE (nor has 3 of my friends) after sending them my transcripts, almost 3 weeks ago, showing I had graduated. Called the state board to ask them if they had mailed out the results. She just said, nope not yet.

I'm almost to the point of pulling my hair out...

Well guys, I still haven't received my results for the FE (nor has 3 of my friends) after sending them my transcripts, almost 3 weeks ago, showing I had graduated. Called the state board to ask them if they had mailed out the results. She just said, nope not yet.
I'm almost to the point of pulling my hair out...

Have they sent out any of the FE results yet? Or are they just delayed on the ones that needed more info?

Just delayed on the ones that needed more info. Although one of my friends that had to turn in more info was added to list on the website on Saturday.

Just delayed on the ones that needed more info. Although one of my friends that had to turn in more info was added to list on the website on Saturday.

well based on the experiences with people just in this thread I would say don't expect speedy results or reliable answers from osbeels.

Back