Order of the Engineer

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlashPoint

Reaction score
I had no idea professional engineers had a special ring. Why am I just now finding out about this?! Anyone have one?

I had no idea professional engineers had a special ring. Why am I just now finding out about this?! Anyone have one?
It's not specific to professional engineers. It depends more on if it was acknowledged by your corresponding undergraduate university.

http://www.order-of-the-engineer.org/

My university acknowledged this and I did attend the ceremony shortly after graduation.

You don't use the "married to Jesus" line? Jk. I'll have to find out if my University has this. Thanks!

It's more of a Canadian tradition but it is slowly making its way into the US.

I typically only wear my engineers ring on formal occasions. Which is ironic because its meant to be an ugly cheap metal ring.

Check with the local ASCE groups. I think you may just need to have EIT certification in order to take the pledge. In NJ I think they have a ceremony once a year at the annual conference meeting /awards.

I did this while I was in college, also. But I have no clue what happened to my ring. Oh well.

Did this in college day before the actual graduation ceremony.  It's nothing special.  I have no idea where that little ring is at the moment.

While I agree that it is nothing compared to almost everything else associated with being a professional engineer, I can't help but wanting it now, knowing full and well that within a week of getting it, I'm gonna be all like "psssh, whatever"

My university had this tradition and I partook.  I've helped another university with the presentation and might again later this year.  I work next to a Canadian and he doesn't have the ring, nor want one.

Back