Online dating

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a friend who met her current boyfriend through eHarmony and they are moving in together shortly. I think it is much more for people looking for commitment, while match.com is like this crazy grab bag of people.

For all you married people out there, I hear AshleyMadison.com is THE place to hook up...

For all you married people out there, I hear AshleyMadison.com is THE place to hook up...

^^SFW?
That would be a no. It's a site for married people that want to have discreet affairs. They advertise on Howard Stern a lot, and are sponsoring the 'Tiger Woods Beauty Paegant' on his show. He's giving away $100k to the mistress of Tiger that wins. Apparently, he has three of them lined up already.

nccarguy, you should totally post screen shots of some of the girls so we can laugh at their expense here (obviously not the ones you think are Mrs. NCcarguy)

nccarguy, you should totally post screen shots of some of the girls so we can laugh at their expense here (obviously not the ones you think are Mrs. NCcarguy)
I would, except that's part of the problem, MOST of the pictures show a very attractive woman. It's only when you show up to meet them that you discover they must be 10 years older! oh...and 50 lbs heavier! lol

I have used it before. Its good to get good loony detection, the intuition to sniff out crazy beforehand.

The statements about pictures etc above seem quite accurate. Be sure to post a good picture of yourself; chin up, hair clean and pants on. Also find things to do that are cheap or free, don't spend a lot of money on a first meeting.

The experience was a lot of fun for me, I didn't meet my soul mate or life partner this way but it's good to go out and meet lots of people before you find that person. Its a numbers game and finding someone while wearing a snuggie watching Star Wars (which is 100x>LoTR) isn't likely.

Have fun.

I think I'm just not going to click on that link. As much as I might be tempted for curiousity's sake. I can't imagine that having that in your browser history would be a good thing.
I didn't post it as a link on purpose. And yes, csb, I would guess that it is also NSFH. Not that I would know.

OK...Here's one for a fun discussion. I've been signed up on an online dating service for the past couple of months, and honestly....it's almost more than I can deal with!
SO FAR what I've realized, most women MUST see themselves in a carnival mirror when they get up in the morning...."Athletic and Trim" does not really encompass an extra 50+ pounds!

saying you're 42 when you're 52 really will be found out at some point!

and All women are NOT "Laid back" as they all describe.

I really didnt' have a clue what this would be like, I thought I would throw a few pictures on the site, describe myself and what I like, the computer would match us up and we would meet to see if anything else would come from it. That's NOT AT ALL how it really works. I don't get "Matched" with many women I would be interested in to start with....and they even sent a DUDE in one email....really, where the HELL did that come from?

From what I gathered on the GUY side, most guys think they're funny, and they all lie about how tall they are, and how much money they make.
It cannot be any worse than meeting women in a bar or getting set up on blind dates.

How many of us on here are single? Once you are out of school I imagine it's hard to find places to go out and meet people?
I'm married, but you might be onto something there. The eb.com dating forum. I'm sure between Fudgey, PE-ness and testee we would have some very interesting date stories.

I wonder if Engineers are a good match for eachother. I see a lot of Engineer/Teacher Unions. We may be too much alike to get along!

Back