One of these days

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Knight

Silent Guardian
Reaction score
Well, another freaking day. After a whole day in training class, we finished at 2:40 Central, was on my way back home. The fudging airplane spent 1 hour 20 minutes on the runway waiting for the "Go" to takeoff.

After a very short fly from Madison to Chicago I found out that my flight back home already left. Apparently the delays were not that bad as the pilot told us at Madison. Then the fun started. United Airlines said they are not responsible for me missing my flight and they are fudging right. It was AA fault. Had to walk the distance between UA and AA terminals at Chicago twice.

There are no flights until tomorrow and AA wanted to charge me for rebooking. I told them NO FREAKING WAY. And also that they had to provide me a place to spend the night since I did not have intentions to spend the night on an airport. Had to argue like crazy. Well, AA did not charge me for the flight but said they are not paying for the hotel. I paid the hotel with my company card but I am going to claim AA had to pay for that. They were the ones causing this mess.

My nice night is not over yet. Came to the hotel and eveything was OK. But I was hungry and decided to go to the Rest. in front of the hotel. So far so good. At one point the Mexican waitress assistant walked by my side and made a very derogatory comment toward somebody, I did not know who, in SPANISH!!!!!. I thought that he was not referring to me.No way in hell. Well...the mother f.....flower, was making the comments toward me.What the f????? Was he idiot or what? JR can say that I do look very hispanic. But that son of a witch was there insulting me in Spanish everytime he walked by the table. Three times, after the first one.

I lost my apetite very quickly and decided to leave. I know myself and when I am pissed the best thing I can do is walk away from the source of my anger. But before I left I asked they guy, in Spanish, if I was supposed to talk to the manager or what. He knew why I said that and was speechless. I threw the money on the table and walked away. Did not look back. Fucking moron.

Heck!!!!! I do not know what is wrong with me. I recognize that I was a SOB in the past but now I try not to mess with anyone ( just with F'Tard) and also try to respect the people around me. But time after time found myself in situations when want to say...No more Mr. Nice guy and go back to my very old ways. That would be bad. I am not proud of that.

I am drunk, by my standards (3 beers at the hotel bar) so I better go to sleep before I change my mind.

Sounds like a shitty day. You are right, AA owes you for the hotel. At least, if I understand your story correctly. And by my reckoning, you did good not to just clock the waiter guy. It sounds like youg ot your point across. He probably feels like an asshole now, so I say you handled it well.

Hope tomorrow goes better!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a shitty day. You are right, AA owes you for the hotel. At least, if I understand your story correctly. And by my reckoning, you did good not to just clock the waiter guy. It sounds like youg ot your point across. He probably feels like an asshole now, so I say you handled it well.
Hope tomorrow goes better!
So do I.

Hey Bio if youre stuck in Illinois you can come crash with the Fudgeman!

Hope today is better.

Back