Once you pass...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmbeck

Reaction score
I've noticed the other forums are a little "lacking for action".

For example, I think there are 8 threads total in the mechanical technical discussion.

I, for one, will most probably continue to monitor this board on a regular basis. My expertise is in HVAC, and I'm being thrust into plumbing and fire protection work. I would like to be able to come here when I need a little advice.

Therefore, I challenge you to explore the other forums. Perhaps we can get that mechanical section kicking.

Or, you can always read about the love life of one "Fudgey".

I've noticed the other forums are a little "lacking for action".
For example, I think there are 8 threads total in the mechanical technical discussion.

I, for one, will most probably continue to monitor this board on a regular basis. My expertise is in HVAC, and I'm being thrust into plumbing and fire protection work. I would like to be able to come here when I need a little advice.

Therefore, I challenge you to explore the other forums. Perhaps we can get that mechanical section kicking.

Or, you can always read about the love life of one "Fudgey".
JM,

Most of the folks here are CEs and for that reason the Civil Forum is the busiest. As more MEs and ChEs and EEs join the Board the Forums for that branches can kick out. Also there are some stages or seasons on this Board. Results Season, Post Results Season, Prep Season and Just Lacking Season. I can tell you that each one is very ineteresting.

I am sure you will be able to contribute and get advice on the Mechanical Forum. Just stay around.

Welcome to the EB family!!!!!!!!!

Ahhh...BTW.....Fudgey is not just a member here....it is Fudgey!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the other forums will grow over time. I've watched this Board for a couple of exam cycles now, and at least the Shoot the Breeze forum is fun when there isn't much action in the discipline-specific threads.

First of all, welcome to the board jmbeck!!

I agree with the other two posters - this board has seen a few exam cycles now and it is beginning to mature now that there are more professional engineers staying behind to help other examinees. Moreover, the leftover group of professionals ARE starting to band together and lend support (and even cross-over support in some cases) based on discipline or work-specific experience or expertise.

I know I have found this board IMMENSELY helpful. I hope you will stay and help the mechanical section grow. :)

Regards,

JR

JM,
Most of the folks here are CEs and for that reason the Civil Forum is the busiest. As more MEs and ChEs and EEs join the Board the Forums for that branches can kick out. Also there are some stages or seasons on this Board. Results Season, Post Results Season, Prep Season and Just Lacking Season. I can tell you that each one is very ineteresting.

I am sure you will be able to contribute and get advice on the Mechanical Forum. Just stay around.

Welcome to the EB family!!!!!!!!!

Ahhh...BTW.....Fudgey is not just a member here....it is Fudgey!!!!!!!!!!!

What about WABBIT SEASON?!?!

Back