October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took it it in NYC in the ballroom of a Hotel by Newark airport! (didn't even know that New Jersey was considered NYC area!) I would say there were at least two rooms and my room were at least 80 people. I took Transportation and felt that the morning was harder than the April 2021 :( , the afternoon was def easier than the April 2021. I really don't want to do this ever again!!!!!!!!! with all your support we will get through this together. Thank you guys for doing this threats... I really appreciate it!
I live about 15 minutes from Newark airport and commute into the city every day. Anywhere within an hour or two drive is part of the NYC area supposedly. They have had to get crafty with locations in order to keep the exam during the pandemic. Location doesn't really matter to NCEES too much, as long are you are still within a state or two, they understand that people may live and work in different states like I do. I took my exam for New York State PE in Hoboken, NJ (CBT exam). Good luck, hoping it went well!

Oct 2019 was like 50 days or something? Having no frame of reference before that, it wasn't so bad.

For those on here that don't know me well. Trust that was said in jest and in fun. :)
I'm confident that most of you are well prepared and will pass your first time, but even if you don't, you'll get it next time. There are so many great examples of perseverance. (Even if I'm not one of them.)
Everyone on here and their mom's mom knows that WTTS isn't for overachieving nerds like you!

LOL j/k. @jean15paul_PE is a great guy and one of my circle of friends/supporters on here I was referring to!

Welcome. Looks like I'll be doing a Canada map again this year.

I don't understand your question. What are asking about?
So the scoring is per site? since I'm the only PE examinee at my examination site do I have better chances to pass the exam?

For those on here that don't know me well. Trust that was said in jest and in fun. :)

I'm confident that most of you are well prepared and will pass your first time, but even if you don't, you'll get it next time. There are so many great examples of perseverance. (Even if I'm not one of them.) :)
Or the third... fourth... fifth time.

since the registration for 2022 CBT PE is starting next week, is there a chance they release the results earlier?

Feel free to use this thread to ask questions about the process or nonviolently rant about it. But in the interest of your sanity (and the happiness and security of your friends, family and co-workers) try not dwell too much on the exam. Spend time with friends and family, burn off stress at the gym, find a hobby, or better yet spend some time on the game threads; especially the spam thread. It’s a well-known fact that NCEES won’t release the results until the thread reaches 15k, so start spammin’!

Oh, and we could really use some new blood in the EB Mafia game.

engineerboards.com

EB Mafia

The vets have all experienced this firsthand, sometimes more than once, and we know how much it sucks. And some of us will tease you about it too. It was done to us to help break the tension and we’re carrying on the tradition. There is nothing personal meant or implied in the teases, and we hope you’ll all stick around to aid, distract, and tease the next group.

Good luck, and we all look forward to meeting many new interesting engineers and hope you all stick around to see what a fun and entertaining group we can actually be.

So, how did the exam go last week?

I took the electrical power PE (15+ years design experience in electrical design/consulting, but with a BS in mechanical engineering). My results vs how I felt:

October 2018: 6 months of preparation and took a class. Felt like and told everyone I had a 50-50 chance of passing. Failed with a 43/80 score. I felt like I did my best though and figured I would pass it on my next attempt.

October 2019: We seriously considered moving in the spring and put our house on the market. Changed our minds, but under circumstances decided not to take the April exam. Took October exam and studied 5 months before the course. Didn't take a class, tried an alternate strategy taking tons of multiple different practice exams. Definitely put in tons of effort. After the exam, I felt I definitely did better than last time and felt I had a 60-75% of passing. Turns out I did WORSE, 40/80. Felt completely dejected. Felt bad for my wife and son since I spent so much time away from them. Questioned if I should even continue my pursuit. One of my supervisors even questioned my dedication/study habits. Really pissed me off. I left the company. In hindsight, it was a good decision. A few people on here helped keep my head up and encouraged me to keep going.

December 1, 2020 (1st CBT date offered): Took a different class this time. It was really the same class from the April 2020 P/P exam, but of course the exam got cancelled, re-scheduled for October 2020, then THAT one got cancelled, then the P/P got cancelled and only CBT offered. So I took the first available date and felt completely thrown off by many of the questions. Still felt like I had a decent chance of passing, but no, I failed with a roughly 50% score, so basically no improvement. I had gone through a lot of personal hell in that year, including a shoulder injury, the whole Covid stuff (including getting Covid in September), experiencing unethical practices from my new employer and quitting that company for my current employer (which has been a wonderful experience I'm happy to report). If it weren't for several people here on EB and my circle of friends on here who got me through 2020, I might have quit the PE pursuit. I tried not to beat myself up about it too much.

March 2021 (2nd CBT attempt): After first half of the exam, I almost quit and went home. Many of the exam question types seemed to have change a lot. I felt like I was trying to hit a moving target at this point. I vented to my wife during lunch and she calmed me down and talked me into going back in. Felt like I did a lot worse, but in fact I did better, over 60% but still failed. This felt encouraging, and my wife was my biggest cheerleader. My new company was so supportivev. Also, my course instructor had a 100% guarantee to re-take the course if I didn't pass, so I kept my head in it full bore. NEVER GIVE UP!

June 10, 2021 (3rd CBT attempt): I basically kicked the exam in the nuts. Every time I clicked on an answer and felt sure about it, I envisioned kicking someone in the nuts. Click. Nuts. Next question. Repeat. Nothing can stop a person who doesn't quit. Looking back, sometimes I'm not sure how I did it. How I had the mental strength to keep going back upstairs to my man-cave (which started out as my man-cave, but I ended up calling "hell", but now it's my man-cave again :) ) to study over and over and over again. I felt like I passed, but I was so cautiously negative about it I think myself and my family were so pleasantly surprised when I got the results. I yelled in excitement at work and pretty much scared the **** out of the entire office. June 16th, 2021, the day I found out I PASSED! I will never forget!
NICE!!!!!

CONGRATLATIONS !!!!!
WELL DESERVE!!!

December 12th 2019 for receiving my results. it was a long wait.
48 days. But it was a miserable 48 days that felt longer than it was. There was some sort of nasty negative feedback loop going on.

Oct '14 was 52 days to first release, and an even longer 88 days for Pennsylvania to get their act together.

Prior to 2010, first release was usually 50-59 days. And most States were in the 60s-70s days. California took 112 days in April 2008. Back then 10-12 weeks actually meant 10-12 weeks! Unlike today where 8-10 weeks usually means ~6 weeks.

I live about 15 minutes from Newark airport and commute into the city every day. Anywhere within an hour or two drive is part of the NYC area supposedly. They have had to get crafty with locations in order to keep the exam during the pandemic. Location doesn't really matter to NCEES too much, as long are you are still within a state or two, they understand that people may live and work in different states like I do. I took my exam for New York State PE in Hoboken, NJ (CBT exam). Good luck, hoping it went well!
Thank you!!!
Which CBT did you take and when? CONGRATS PE

48 days. But it was a miserable 48 days that felt longer than it was. There was some sort of nasty negative feedback loop going on.

Oct '14 was 52 days to first release, and an even longer 88 days for Pennsylvania to get their act together.

Prior to 2010, first release was usually 50-59 days. And most States were in the 60s-70s days. California took 112 days in April 2008. Back then 10-12 weeks actually meant 10-12 weeks! Unlike today where 8-10 weeks usually means ~6 weeks.
OH WOW!!!!
maybe is 40 days this time around
I vote for December 1st! 41 days

Back