October 2020 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Examinees shouldn't waste any time or bandwidth trying to figure out which are the "pretest items" or hoping that certain items will get thrown out. Not only is it a waste of time (see: cute score), but it might actually do harm if people skip the supposed "pretest items" on the exam when those items are actual scored exam questions. 

P&P was 80 questions and 8 hrs. The CBT, depending on exam, is 80-85 questions and still 8 hrs, so it's not really that different.
Who cares about cut scores when you can have a cute score? I mean, I'd take the cute score any day!

It has been released on a Thursday or Friday before right? Why not December 10th or 11th? 
NCEES said they wouldn't release our results until after registration closes for the January exam.  Registration closes Dec. 14 so that's why folks think after the 14th.

Because NCEES's statement on not releasing the results before the end of registration for the January test.  End of registration is Dec. 14th for the test.  Everyone's banking on results coming after that.
When did they announce that they aren't releasing results until after the end of registration for the January test? They already said that anyone who took the October exam isn't eligible for the January exam so it wouldn't matter. Last year they released the results on Thursday the 12th so I'm hoping they will release them tomorrow. 

Thanks. I may have to look into that.
Get the inflatable donut doggy neck pillow. My dog just had surgery to remove a lump and she was hurting herself more with the cone than she ever would.  

https://www.chewy.com/kong-cloud-collar-dogs-cats/dp/47474?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=KONG&utm_term=&gclid=CjwKCAiAiML-BRAAEiwAuWVggtF1QKURp5pRq6eOWbM3D6CXejKDWwlkwyzOcXIoJU-ucmDEfuxaABoC_5MQAvD_BwE

Works insanely well

Because NCEES's statement on not releasing the results before the end of registration for the January test.  End of registration is Dec. 14th for the test.  Everyone's banking on results coming after that.
So what's to stop NCEES from delaying results until 8-10 weeks after the January exam........

When did they announce that they aren't releasing results until after the end of registration for the January test? They already said that anyone who took the October exam isn't eligible for the January exam so it wouldn't matter. Last year they released the results on Thursday the 12th so I'm hoping they will release them tomorrow. 
From NCEES Website:  Individuals who took the October exam will be unable to register for the January exam. Results from the October exam will not be released prior to the close of registration for the January exam, and examinees are unable to register for any exam when results are pending from a previous exam. The same is true for the January 2021 administration and being able to register for the April 2021 exam—results from January will not be released prior to the close of the April registration period. Registration deadlines cannot be changed.

That’s been everyone’s beef with NCEES during this batch of release results. Who is and isn’t eligible to take the January exam shouldn’t have an affect on the results release schedule, yet here we are

Why isn't there more crossover between engineering and witchcraft? Someone could have cast a couple of spells to get us results and Justin Stine off the NCEES site.
I often wonder, how old is Justin Stine now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back