October 2020 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was originally thinking the results could be released earlier than usual this go around considering there are less exams to grade.
However, as I understand, the timeline of release isn’t necessarily affected by volume of exams, but rather by the time it takes them to discuss what questions to throw out and curve the exam.

I was originally thinking the results could be released earlier than usual this go around considering there are less exams to grade.
However, as I understand, the timeline of release isn’t necessarily affected by volume of exams, but rather by the time it takes them to discuss what questions to throw out and curve the exam.
I was thinking that too.  I know there were 2 days of testing but I was shocked at how few people were there on my day.  I am a repeat taker and last year there were over 150 people, last week there were 21. 

But agree it really wouldn't have an impact on releasing scores.  

Maybe the not being able to physically gather will make it easier to schedule the meetings?

I was thinking that too.  I know there were 2 days of testing but I was shocked at how few people were there on my day.  I am a repeat taker and last year there were over 150 people, last week there were 21. 

But agree it really wouldn't have an impact on releasing scores.  
The first day there were 9 people in my room, but there were multiple rooms.  Day two there were 9 people in my room, again multiple rooms. Not sure how many total there were either day or combined.

Maybe the not being able to physically gather will make it easier to schedule the meetings?
Will prob make it more difficult to schedule the meetings, tbh.

I'm dealing with multiple teams meetings being created, no one attending, and then having to chase down the meeting people so they'll actually be there for the meeting that they wanted to be a part of.

I kept my last name when I got married. Mr. Pirate has a different last name than me.
even without the PE, i was likely to keep my last name. tbh i dont want to deal with paperwork. but if i feel the last name is an upgrade from mine, i would do it. his is not an upgrade, it's a lateral move 

I'm not sure we can say whether the number of examinees is higher or lower than normal. We're getting contradictory anecdotal reports. I guess we'll find out in December when they release the pass rates and number of takers by exam. Regardless I don't think the number of examinees changes the schedule much.

There appears to be a minimum amount of time to process the P&P exams. Excessive delays only seem to happen when there is a cut-score meeting for a new exam. There are no new P&P exams this administration so, as best I can tell, there shouldn't be a need for a meeting with numerous external SMEs.

Or security requirements might make things more difficult to do things remotely. A fact I'm all too familiar with.... 

This month's Licensure Exchange says that exam development committees have figured out ways to conduct essential tasks while ensuring security. So maybe its not an obstacle. You're probably right.

Latest posts

Back