October 2019 Results Map

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers. Do you have a. Additional advise ?
I'm a first-time taker myself. If I fail, I intend to register for the April exam, sign up for a review course (or not, depending on how close I am to the cut score), take things easy for a couple of weeks to enjoy the holidays, then get to studying again.

I didn’t pass. Any advise would be much appreciated. 
Firstly, please remember, not passing the PE exam does not make you any worse of an engineer than you were before you took the exam.

Take some time off to relax and process your diagnostic report, and decide how you want to attack studying in your next attempt. Whatever you decide (review course, self study, etc.), make a plan and stick to it.

Pick up the studying again, do as many practice problems as you're able, and take this exam down come April!

It's worth noting that there are a LOT of EBers who did not pass on their first try. After you pass, it doesn't even matter how many tries it took you. And personally, it is my belief that the more times you fail the PE exam, the more sweet it is when you finally pass!

Cheers. Do you have a. Additional advise ?
I took CE Transportation.  Unfortunately I can't really give anything outside of the generic response of do lots of problems.  I probably worked 300+ problems over about two months (probably around 100 hours) of studying.  I personally do not do well in review classes and learn material best by just working problems.  I flagged the crap out of my CERM and used that as my primary source on the test (probably like 70% or more).  Get as many of the listed references as you can, I printed A LOT of PDFs and put them in binders for the exam - if you use PDFs make they have all the pages... One of mine was missing a random 20 pages that included two tables that I needed for two questions, that was not fun to realize in the middle of the exam... I literally spent 10 minutes staring at the table of contents trying not to cry that the pages I needed weren't there.

If you are a better student than I am, I've heard really good things about the School of PE and the EET.  It sounds like School of PE is excellent for morning but maybe not quite as good for the afternoon.

Either way, try to take your mock practice exam a couple weeks before the exam so you can find any deficient areas you may have. I really didn't study very much the last week before the exam and instead focused mostly on tabs and references being in order and everything.

Latest posts

Back