October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I, for one, am interested in hearing about your no-earlier-than date, or any statistical distribution you may have. Honestly, it's not even because The Suck is grinding on me, I just want to see the thought process.  :D

No rush, though. I'd imagine it's a little early, and it sounds like you have more important things to take care of.
@Will.I.Am Got it, you've started futile exercise C (guessing the release date) ;)

I don't have the data to post an informed hypothesis. If I had enough information then I would have written it in the second post.  I'm just trying to set expectations and avoid potential disappointment. But with that written: I'm personally bearish on a release the first week of December. 

I don't have any special knowledge on the schedule nor a "guy on the inside". All I know is that the control system cut score meeting wasn't listed on the schedule in the Oct 2018 licensure exchange newsletter. I suppose it's possible that control systems could have since scheduled their cut score meeting the weekend of Nov 15-17 but I'm pretty skeptical of that happening. It's just a little too early in the exam cycle, and if were schedule that early then it probably would have appeared in the newsletter. Obviously no meeting is happening Thanksgiving week and weekend. So that pushes it into December.

I'm waiting to see the December Licensure Exchange to see when the meeting is scheduled. That won't get released until about the morning of Dec 2. Could be earlier or later because of Thanksgiving. Once I know that information then I can give a proper NET and potential range.

@Will.I.Am Got it, you've started futile exercise C (guessing the release date) ;)
Dude, I started with Futile Exercise C before I even took the exam.  ;)  

I enjoy fake sports betting (i.e. sharing with friends hypothetical bets that no one actually places) and I'm approaching trying to guess the release date the same way. Like, I would totally place a fake O/U bet on a "mostly likely" date, just for shiggles. You can call me a masochist if you want, but I'm kind of enjoying it.  :whipping: :D

OK, fair enough. That could be a fun exercise. Thirty minutes ago, the Vegas o/u would have been Dec 9.  Vegas certainly would have shifted the line after my post above.

OK, fair enough. That could be a fun exercise. Thirty minutes ago, the Vegas o/u would have been Dec 9.  Vegas certainly would have shifted the line after my post above.
That's a pretty good line. I'd probably take the over, but not by much.  ;)

Yeah. I'm assuming it would be accounted as days after the the exam. So, 12/9 would be O/U: 45. 
Got it. I'd do it Vegas style with half point style to avoid ties and put it on a weekend. So this morning the O/U = 44.

tl;dr examinees should be prepared for a long wait this session.

I have a question. For people who took in Texas and didn't pass before, did you also receive an email from board before NCEES sent out their email? 

Thanks and hope everyone passes this time!

I'm going to guess results will be released for TX end of the first week of Dec, when I am on vacation. Hopefully it's good news, otherwise I will spend my vacation planning out my retake strategy  :brickwall:

I repeat phase 1 through 5 on a daily basis. Feels like that movie "edge of tomorrow" 

Back