October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That 1-4 week slip will cause thousands to fail the next time around.
Yeah if I miss my re-aplication timeline because of delayed results I will be PISSED.

But if my previous experience with the board is any indication they will be totally unresponsive and unforgiving to anyone in this situation.

Rhode Island requires a letter request to re-take before their deadline, Jan 1, which if the results take too long to come out could very well be an issue. 

From RI's website

"State approval application deadlines:

• January 1st for April Examination & August 1st for October Examination.
  • First time examinees must complete the RI Board Application for PE by Exam, and submit with all required documentation.
  • Examinees who have been previously approved by the RI Board must submit a letter requesting approval to schedule a retake of the exam.
  • Once you receive your approval notification from the RI Board, you must register and pay exam fees to NCEES Administrative Services http://ncees.org/exams/ to reserve your seat for the exam.
First time and repeat exams, deadline for applications to board is:
January 1, 2019"
Gotcha. That definitely wasn't included on NCEES's site.

My prediction is they're going to be released next week some time according to the correlation between the SE exam scoring workshop meeting and the score release dates on page 38.

Also, if you have Twitter NCEES usually tweets the morning they release the scores to the states. So you won't be making yourself crazy by refreshing your email or NCEES account page like I have until I found out about their Twitter 😊

Well at least NCEES reviewed and approved my most recent work experience. Now all I'm waiting on for my record to be complete is my supervisor and the exam results.

What're the odds they had or might have the cut score meeting remotely and/or this weekend?

Is there anyone who has an knowledge about the time of the day generally PE results are released ? like noon? in the morning ? at 12:00 am exactly ? 
I haven't answered this question in the last hour, so I'll answer it again now.

Initial release can happen at anytime during regular east coast business hours.

The last few map threads have the times of release for that cycle for each state. State release times vary greatly; over the last decade we've seen anywhere from 5AM to 11PM east coast time.

Well at least NCEES reviewed and approved my most recent work experience. Now all I'm waiting on for my record to be complete is my supervisor and the exam results.

What're the odds they had or might have the cut score meeting remotely and/or this weekend?
Had not thought of that possibility; what are the odds they had the meeting from Nov 30 to Dec 2?

The last few map threads have the times of release for that cycle for each state. State release times vary greatly; over the last decade we've seen anywhere from 5AM to 11PM east coast time.
11 PM!? Wow! 

Gotcha. That definitely wasn't included on NCEES's site.
I was wondering how you came up with that list. I was worried that you looked at all 55 jurisdictions.

They certainly won't do the meeting remotely. Too big a security risk. As for this weekend? 🤷‍♂️ I have nothing to support it, but expect it to happen this month before the holiday break. There are three weeks in the month before then so, idk, 1/3 odds?

11 PM!? Wow! 
California, so it was only 8PM there. That was earlier this decade though.

Awesome, thank you. At least I can sleep between 11:01 pm and 4:59 am without killing my middle finger to hit f5 button 😂

Back