October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been lurking on this forum for a couple days now and thought I should finally join in on the SUCK.

I live in Denver and took my exam(Mechanical: Thermal and fluids) in my home state of Illinois (took the exam in north lake). My birthday is on December 11th. Totally going to find out i failed on my birthday. Setting my expectations low so i can't be upset. LOL 

I've been lurking on this forum for a couple days now and thought I should finally join in on the SUCK.

I live in Denver and took my exam(Mechanical: Thermal and fluids) in my home state of Illinois (took the exam in north lake). My birthday is on December 11th. Totally going to find out i failed on my birthday. Setting my expectations low so i can't be upset. LOL 
You never know...good luck on a happier birthday 

Everyone, enjoy your weekend as the results will come out next week...I think.

Whether or not you pass or fail, it is not the end!

Cheers!

My prediction as said before is December 9th, but I am giving them 2 additional hours 10-12pm PST

Let's goooo!

I've gone back and re-looked at all of the release dates and cut score meeting dates, since Oct 2012. Some administrations had more than one cut score meeting. In that case I only listed the latest one.

Exam

Meeting Date

Release Date

Days Since Exam

Business Days after Cut Score Meeting

Oct

Nuclear

Dec 7-8

Dec 12

Apr

Industrial

May 18-19

May 22

Oct

none

-

Dec 4

NA

Apr

none

-

May 20

NA

Oct

Petroleum

Dec 9-10

Dec 15

Apr

Civil

May 15-16

May 21

Oct

Material Science

Dec 4-7

Dec 11

Apr

Software

May 12-13

May 19

Oct

Mining

Dec 3-4

Dec 8

Apr

none

-

May 25

NA

Oct

none

-

Dec 4

NA

Apr

Electrical/Environmental

May 18-19

May 24

Oct

Fire Protection

Nov 28-29

Dec 5

Apr

none

-

May 13

NA

Oct

Control Systems

?

TBD

TBD

I've gone back and re-looked at all of the release dates and cut score meeting dates, since Oct 2012. Some administrations had more than one cut score meeting. In that case I only listed the latest one.

Exam

Meeting Date

Release Date

Days Since Exam

Business Days after Cut Score Meeting

Oct

Nuclear

Dec 7-8

Dec 12

Apr

Industrial

May 18-19

May 22

Oct

none

-

Dec 4

NA

Apr

none

-

May 20

NA

Oct

Petroleum

Dec 9-10

Dec 15

Apr

Civil

May 15-16

May 21

Oct

Material Science

Dec 4-7

Dec 11

Apr

Software

May 12-13

May 19

Oct

Mining

Dec 3-4

Dec 8

Apr

none

-

May 25

NA

Oct

none

-

Dec 4

NA

Apr

Electrical/Environmental

May 18-19

May 24

Oct

Fire Protection

Nov 28-29

Dec 5

Apr

none

-

May 13

NA

Oct

Control Systems

?

TBD

TBD

Great post @RBHeadge PE!!!

Given the historical info above, what do you think? Could it be possible for us to receive results today? Or should we have our aim at Monday?

I see the waiting period extended past 42 days in Oct 12 and 14 (47 and 52 days respectively). I am assuming these were the administrations with more than one cut score meeting.

Today marks day 42 for all of us. I wonder, have there ever been any Friday releases? I am doubtful results will be out this week now.

Great post @RBHeadge PE!!!

Given the historical info above, what do you think? Could it be possible for us to receive results today? Or should we have our aim at Monday?
If the Control Systems meeting is this weekend, which no one knows, it appears like Wednesday 12/11 is the earliest reasonable expectation.

Certainly not today.

If the Control Systems meeting is this weekend, which no one knows, it appears like Wednesday 12/11 is the earliest reasonable expectation.
Yes, my new no earlier than date is Dec 11. And that's with the assumption the cut score meeting ends NLT Dec 8.

Basically whenever the meeting would end, add three business days.

I see the waiting period extended past 42 days in Oct 12 and 14 (47 and 52 days respectively). I am assuming these were the administrations with more than one cut score meeting.
I can understand why you would think that, but no, Octs 12 and 14 only had one cut meeting. I'm certain NCEES can handle inputs from more than one cut score meeting in parallel.

Ftr, the administrations with more than one cut score meeting were:

Apr 13: Software May 18-19; Industrial May 18-19

Apr 15: Ag and Software May 12-15; Civil May 15-16

Apr 16: Naval May 11-12; Software May 12-13

Apr 18: Electrical and Environmental May 18-19

I wonder, have there ever been any Friday releases?
The initial release has and can happen on any work day. The initial release would happen during east coast regular business hours.

Disclaimers: This exercise is intended to help determine the latest probable initial release. There's a good chance that the release will be well ahead of these dates. Also, I took this information from the NCEES website, assuming that it was an accurate aggregation of information from the state boards.

So, there are only 7 [8] states that I could find that require some form of reapplication every time you fail the exam and want to retake it. When I initially posted on this topic, I thought there were several more, so it might not be as vital as I thought. Nevertheless, here's the list of states, along with deadlines, if they have them:

• Maine - December 31st
  • [Rhode Island - January 1st]
  • Ohio - January 20th
  • New Hampshire and Tennessee - February 1st
  • North Dakota - February 15th
  • Alaska - No hard deadline.
  • Hawaii - You get one shot, B*+©#&$! Better make it a good one!
I believe that NCEES will try to accommodate as many of these dates as they can. As I stated, previously, the member boards are NCEES's customers, and I trust that they want to keep them happy. That being said, I think they may end up cutting it close for Maine's deadline, but the initial release should be well ahead of Ohio's deadline.

As usual, @RBHeadge PE should prune me down if I'm growing a little too tall for my own good.

Last edited by a moderator:

My birthday is also the 11th. Really was hoping to find out prior.

Back