October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a moment of waiting-induced idiocy last week, I rejoined a dating app for the first time in a long time and OMG what a mistake that was.
Yeah, I did that a few weeks ago after I moved to a new state.  EB girls got to hear about JK wondering if I made the right choice/not really wanting to date, getting stood up at a sbux, and then going to Costco to console myself (though, tbh, I was happy I got to catch up on my reading).

Figured I was happy by myself, so why try to date?  I mean, only reason I want to date is so I can split expenses and have some who doesn't mind when I wander around naked (which is why roommates are nixed).

some who doesn't mind when I wander around naked (which is why roommates are nixed).
So for awhile, I lived 35min away from my job. And my running friends were all like "get a roommate so you can afford to live here!" and I responded with "I have 12 bookcases and hate wearing pants. there's no room for a roommate" 

dating is AWFUL. i hate it so much
I enjoyed it (when I was in my 20s) but after a while it got old.  I never thought I would want kids, and when I would hear couples rave about how great it was I thought it was just a cliche, but now my wife and I have a 2-1/2 year old son and I can honestly say it's been a blast.  I can't imagine our lives without him.  Yeah, it's hectic at time but so neat to watch a human being grow and have traits that belong to you and your spouse.

Admiral Rickover wrote a one page paper in 1953. It's been published in a few places. It really show be mandatory reading for all freshman engineering majors.

I worked at a place where we really really wanted to write it in the preference in all of our technical reports and evaluations.

It's reproduced below
I just saved this to my Google Drive

My wife and I met online, back when AOL had dating "chat rooms" lol.  Who remembers "dial up?" lol
BEepBopbeepBeepBOPboopPshhhkkkkkkrrrrKakingkakingkakingtshchcHcHChchchchcch*ding*ding*ding*kcschhhhhrrrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back