October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish they would do that for us 
It is really awesome, they do it because for the longest time people would come into the office really sick because they didn't have time, get the office sick and then loose days of productivity.  Now they you seem too sick and you came in, an owner will come over and say GTFO.

It is really awesome, they do it because for the longest time people would come into the office really sick because they didn't have time, get the office sick and then loose days of productivity.  Now they you seem too sick and you came in, an owner will come over and say GTFO.
i read an article somewhere about having unlimited sick time, people think it'll get abused but overall, it doesn't since folks end up being healthier without that stress.

Luckily my boss is young. But there's also a mentality of we don't care when you do it as long as your work is done. 
my direct boss is young. but her boss, the department manager, isn't and he's been here thru the old culture so he's hanging onto it. 

My company is suuuuuuuper old-fashioned about having butts in seats in the office, and it might be my least favorite thing about them.  My first job (with a huge company, ironically enough), I would go downtown if I had meetings, but otherwise, I worked from home and nobody cared.  Because it literally does not matter.  I was so much happier, especially now that I see how much being in the office can contribute to spikes in my mental health issues.  Will probably make telecommuting ability my #1 criteria for the next job I look for.

I telework whenever I like. I also have three different leave options and I can earn comp time. I took a $10k pay cut for the position but I work a typical 9 to 5 and I have a short commute. Worth it.

My company is suuuuuuuper old-fashioned about having butts in seats in the office, and it might be my least favorite thing about them.  My first job (with a huge company, ironically enough), I would go downtown if I had meetings, but otherwise, I worked from home and nobody cared.  Because it literally does not matter.  I was so much happier, especially now that I see how much being in the office can contribute to spikes in my mental health issues.  Will probably make telecommuting ability my #1 criteria for the next job I look for.
i can't focus working at home but i agree with the sentiment of "work whereever works for you" 

My company is the same. It was like pulling teeth to work non 8-5 hours to help study for the PE. My boss even got annoyed that I left 30 mins early with a 30 min lunch to get allergy shots...

I would love to find a job with flex time hours and the ability to work from home when needed. 

i can't focus working at home but i agree with the sentiment of "work whereever works for you" 
No kids and no pets definitely helps, but even when I worked from "home," I ended up spending a lot of time working at coffee shops (easily my most productive workspace for whatever weird reason) or my best friend's rooftop patio since she also worked from home...which was 3 blocks from the beach... ;)

My company is the same. It was like pulling teeth to work non 8-5 hours to help study for the PE. My boss even got annoyed that I left 30 mins early with a 30 min lunch to get allergy shots...

I would love to find a job with flex time hours and the ability to work from home when needed. 
Yeah, no.  Eff that mess.

Speaking of work/life balance and healthy working environments, please refer to my handle ;)   NZ knows what's up.  4 weeks minimum vacation, 2 weeks minimum sick, and a way more functional healthcare system...

retirement emails weird me out. 

"My career at Acme, Inc started 35 years ago..."

My career at Acme, Inc started 27 years ago..."

I don't know if I can stay in one location for that long.
I started my previous job right out of school. I thought i would be there my whole career on 40 years. I couldn't envision a scenario where I would want to leave. Stil felt that way after almost eight years. New management came in and six weeks later I started looking for another job. 

Things can changed fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back