October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I trolled myself. Apparently, I set up an email reminder back in October that says Exam Results. 

So when I opened my email, I received a pop up that said Exam Results. 

Awesome.

I have many days left of work in December.

I'm off 23-25 Dec and that's it.

Saving PTO for skiing in January - it's supposed to rain today and tomorrow.

I have many days left of work in December.

I'm off 23-25 Dec and that's it.

Saving PTO for skiing in January - it's supposed to rain today and tomorrow.
What is this saving PTO you speak of?

I'm usually use it or lose it. They're making a special exemption for me this year because of SWRQ. 

I'm new so I have no time off! Wheee!
that sucks

the skiing isn't great here at this time of year so i don't see the point. and with new dog and boyfriend travelling, i can't even leave to go hike. which i seriously need 

What is this saving PTO you speak of?

I'm usually use it or lose it. They're making a special exemption for me this year because of SWRQ. 
I can roll over up to 120 hours of PTO from year to year without losing any. I won't lose any heading into 2020 and I'll start the year with like 70hrs.

my company also doesn't provide any sick leave. 

retirement emails weird me out. 

"My career at Acme, Inc started 35 years ago..."

My career at Acme, Inc started 27 years ago..."

I don't know if I can stay in one location for that long.

I can roll over up to 120 hours of PTO from year to year without losing any. I won't lose any heading into 2020 and I'll start the year with like 70hrs.

My company gives unlimited sick leave and we can carry over whatever we can accrue throughout a year.  it worked well, I got to take 2 weeks off right after my kid was born the day after the exam.

Mine doesn't provide sick time either, it's all one pot. I generally flex my schedule if I'm sick.

Same!

I've been with the same company since graduating, and will be hitting my 12 year anniversary in January. I've always told myself that I'll stay as long as it makes sense and I'm happy. There are definitely things I don't like about this company, but I really enjoy my projects and the telecommuting flexibility.  I don't see myself staying here for 30 years though. 

Edit: TOP AGAIN!

Last edited by a moderator:
My company gives unlimited sick leave and we can carry over whatever we can accrue throughout a year.  it worked well, I got to take 2 weeks off right after my kid was born the day after the exam.
i wish they would do that for us 

Mine doesn't provide sick time either, it's all one pot. I generally flex my schedule if I'm sick.
some folks in my office group hold onto the old culture where that's frowned upon. it's very frustrating 

i've been here for 8.5 years. sometimes, i think i'm here for my whole career, sometimes, i'm like NOPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back