October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, I totally get where you're coming from.  It supposedly is a "thing" that white people don't use a cloth, which I think is hella gross.  Maybe my mom just raised me right, or I was always caked in dirt (probable), but we always had a washcloth or those little exfoliating mitts to get rid of gross skin.

As for people not washing their legs...I could see this being a thing.  I mean, so many people I feel just wash their hair/body and think the 'clean' water cleans their legs.  I def scrub mah leggie-legs.  JK shower routine (because I am a creature of habit and like sharing tmi): Step in, shampoo hair, repeat (if ultra greasy), scrub face/wash with bar soap, conditioner in hair, loofah scrubbie + moisturizer body wash = whole front of body/pits/that nonsense + legs, shave (if needed), rescrub legs after shaving, wash out hair conditioner, use the loofah scrubbie on back to get rid of conditioner residue on shoulders, turn off water and squeeze out copious amounts of water from hair.

Usually takes me 15-20 min if I'm relaxing and shaving.  Way less if I am in panicked shower/just want to get to bed shower.
Lmao yeah the idea of not washing my legs is gross. I use a washcloth, I scrub all appendages, even wash my feet while I shower!

To make a Bobarita, you need three things, and three things only. There are no substitutions. It's not a Bobarita if it doesn't have these three ingredients:

1. Herradura Repasado Tequila

2. Cointreau

3. Fresh lime juice (either juiced yourself or if you're buying it at the store because you're making a big batch, make sure the only ingredient in the bottle is lime juice - no added sugars!)

Before serving, the Cointreau and the Herradura should be thoroughly frozen. Mix the frozen Herradura, frozen Cointreau, and pure lime juice in the following ratio: 1.5-2:1:1. Do NOT serve over ice. Do NOT mix it with ice and strain it through. The drink should be cold from the alcohol having been frozen. Serve immediately.

If you want to make it in advance, mix the Herradura and the Cointreau ahead of time and store in the freezer. Shake with the lime juice when about to served.

Now, if you're paying attention, you'll see that this cocktail usually ends up with about 3  shots of liquor in it (2 from the Herradura and 1 from the Cointreau). It absolutely damn delicious, and extremely strong. You'll usually feel it by the end of one, and then want another because they're so delicious. I have never made it through more than two of them in succession.
I want oneeeeeee but I am also not drinking right now so noooooo

I also saw a thing recently that some significant majority of Americans don't wash their legs. I don't remember where, and I'm very skeptical.

Nah, I totally get where you're coming from.  It supposedly is a "thing" that white people don't use a cloth, which I think is hella gross.  Maybe my mom just raised me right, or I was always caked in dirt (probable), but we always had a washcloth or those little exfoliating mitts to get rid of gross skin.

As for people not washing their legs...I could see this being a thing.  I mean, so many people I feel just wash their hair/body and think the 'clean' water cleans their legs.  I def scrub mah leggie-legs.  JK shower routine (because I am a creature of habit and like sharing tmi): Step in, shampoo hair, repeat (if ultra greasy), scrub face/wash with bar soap, conditioner in hair, loofah scrubbie + moisturizer body wash = whole front of body/pits/that nonsense + legs, shave (if needed), rescrub legs after shaving, wash out hair conditioner, use the loofah scrubbie on back to get rid of conditioner residue on shoulders, turn off water and squeeze out copious amounts of water from hair.

Usually takes me 15-20 min if I'm relaxing and shaving.  Way less if I am in panicked shower/just want to get to bed shower.
We don't use washcloths ever, not in the shower or to wash our faces (we use handtowels for face washing).

I remember my friend telling me once that no one had ever told her to wash her feet, and that she had assumed they just got washed in the shower. She realized when she was a teenager that she needed to specifically wash her feet, too.

I use a bar of soap with oatmeal (either aloe oatmeal or plain oatmeal) to wash my body. I'm also experimenting with a shampoo bar, which I think I'm going to stick with. It takes a little more work for me to wash my hair with it, but it doesn't require the use of conditioner (I have al lot of mostly straight, thin hair) so overall it cuts down on time in the shower because I only have to wash out one thing. The shampoo bar is making my hair nice and soft! There was a learning curve to figure out how to make it work best for my hair though.

To make a Bobarita, you need three things, and three things only. There are no substitutions. It's not a Bobarita if it doesn't have these three ingredients:

1. Herradura Repasado Tequila

2. Cointreau

3. Fresh lime juice (either juiced yourself or if you're buying it at the store because you're making a big batch, make sure the only ingredient in the bottle is lime juice - no added sugars!)

Before serving, the Cointreau and the Herradura should be thoroughly frozen. Mix the frozen Herradura, frozen Cointreau, and pure lime juice in the following ratio: 1.5-2:1:1. Do NOT serve over ice. Do NOT mix it with ice and strain it through. The drink should be cold from the alcohol having been frozen. Serve immediately.

If you want to make it in advance, mix the Herradura and the Cointreau ahead of time and store in the freezer. Shake with the lime juice when about to served.

Now, if you're paying attention, you'll see that this cocktail usually ends up with about 3  shots of liquor in it (2 from the Herradura and 1 from the Cointreau). It absolutely damn delicious, and extremely strong. You'll usually feel it by the end of one, and then want another because they're so delicious. I have never made it through more than two of them in succession.
Saving

Saving, and making! I actually had to drive to work today (gasp!) so I have the car. Will make a stop and pick up Bobarita supplies, though now I'll prob have to rename it Leggorita.
Nooooo keep the original name! Bobarita's shall become infamous!

Should probably move the themed PE questions here:

What is the mass flow rate of SPAM needed to heat a 12' x 12' x 9' conference room with 8 adult occupants, from 56ºF outside air to 76ºF supply air? (Assume a specific heat of SPAM to be 0.33 BTU/lbm-ºF)

Should probably move the themed PE questions here:

What is the mass flow rate of SPAM needed to heat a 12' x 12' x 9' conference room with 8 adult occupants, from 56ºF outside air to 76ºF supply air? (Assume a specific heat of SPAM to be 0.33 BTU/lbm-ºF)
What are the answer choices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back