October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the first week of it, the boss is going to try to get a week of PTO rolled over for me. 

And because she doesn't want to work in this industry anymore. 
try? i'd say either it's rolled over or you're not giving up the week now. although, i wouldn't give up the week anyway, as i'm never staycationing when I have time off so it would be nonrefundable! AND NO TAKE-BACKS BOSS!!! lol

Yes, I've been a PM. I'm more of a program executive now. 

And yes... just takes time and experience. Make sure you have good templates and resources to help keep you organized. Always think three steps ahead. Strategy is key...and communication. You can make it through anything, good or bad, as long as you speak to people with respect, and as long as you are honest. The earlier you deal with any issue, the better. As a PM, you are the leader, but always remember that you need your team. I've always tried to make people feel valued for what they bring to the table...and I tend to get a better work product out of them because of this.

When it comes to the nuts and bolts, you learn the technical pitfalls with every project as time goes on.
Thanks for the advice!  Made a mistake two weeks ago. Should have known better and have been kicking myself ever since. I guess that is all part of the process.

*raises hand*

My role is 100% PM now which has been a learning experience (coming from 100% design engineering). Almost doesn't matter what you do, everyone will think you're a dumbass. Boo!
Oh no! I fortunately manage only 2 projects, and honestly that is enough for me lol. I would not want to do this full-time.  

You know, I was feeling ok this morning. Til I realized that April was released at 38 days, read the WTTS thread, and saw all of @Will.I.Am's GIFs.

Logically I know that I can't compare this cycle to last cycle (or other cycles) since the holidays lined up differently. And logically, I know they're gonna come out whenever TF they want to. But I'm starting to feel a bit anxious. And I can't run til maybe tomorrow night, pending how this 2nd storm rolls thru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back