October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Def agree.  When I sing French I find the placement of my tongue and vowels different from German, and Italian is def more forward.  It's most interesting when I sing an English song.  Tbh, when I sing pop I know my singing sounds different than when I sing 'classical' English-language songs.  I think it's neat how our brain works like that and language is so different.

Also, when talking to my mom she said she didn't have an accent.  In a heavy LI accent.  She then went on a rant about raking leaves.
How many languages do you speak?

That is a lot of meat.  I was thinking of a roast for myself, but it's a hella ton of meat.  Have you sliced it thin for a roast beast sandwich on rye?
It was a 4.3lb roast, I thought it'd be perfect for 4 people. But yeah, so much leftover since they eat smaller dinners than us.

I sliced it as thin as I could and I have a sandwich for today. On anadama bread tho.

I was having troubles slicing it very thin.

My mother has a deli meat slicer at their house (have my entire life) so we'll also come home with thinly slice beef for dip-it sandwiches. 

How many languages do you speak?
I BARELY SPEAK ENGLISH, lol.  When I was training for a classical opera career, I would translate my songs to better understand the meaning, and then sing with the right inflection.  I was extremely good at making the words sound correct.  Kinda like a magpie, I made people think I knew what I was singing.  😚

It was a 4.3lb roast, I thought it'd be perfect for 4 people. But yeah, so much leftover since they eat smaller dinners than us.

I sliced it as thin as I could and I have a sandwich for today. On anadama bread tho.

I was having troubles slicing it very thin.

My mother has a deli meat slicer at their house (have my entire life) so we'll also come home with thinly slice beef for dip-it sandwiches. 
Oooof, yeah, that is a bit much even for a couple more people.  My rule of thumb when it comes to meat is that if I have sides, half pound per person.  If I want leftovers, maybe 3/4 lb.  Pound a person would be if we were only eating the meat/sandwiches, which was a thing with my family.  We'd sometimes just make a corned beef and eat sandwiches, not other sides.

I feel like slicing anything really thin is hard if you don't have a meat slicer (and I am soooooo jealous of your mom).  I think when I make my roast I'm going to just slice it as thin as I can, probably end up hacking it, and then throw it on top of masked potatoes.

Thanksgiving meal = booked!  Husband and I already did a huge meal Saturday for Friendsgiving, so I have no desire to cook all morning tomorrow. It will be my very first Thanksgiving without my parents and brother, but 35 years is a good run. We'll skype with the fam tomorrow.  I'm pretty excited about our meal tomorrow.  The restaurant is really good and they'll be serving up some good food, looks like.  

Oooof, yeah, that is a bit much even for a couple more people.  My rule of thumb when it comes to meat is that if I have sides, half pound per person.  If I want leftovers, maybe 3/4 lb.  Pound a person would be if we were only eating the meat/sandwiches, which was a thing with my family.  We'd sometimes just make a corned beef and eat sandwiches, not other sides.

I feel like slicing anything really thin is hard if you don't have a meat slicer (and I am soooooo jealous of your mom).  I think when I make my roast I'm going to just slice it as thin as I can, probably end up hacking it, and then throw it on top of masked potatoes.
It seemed reasonable at the time! I did yorkshire pudding & green beans as the side. And I wanted leftovers for our lunches. 

But yesterday, Boyfriend ate *none* of the roast at all. Requested "something else" for dinner. Which was my plan for tonight to give us a break from meat. So now he gets to eat roast twice today. And so do I. 

Yep, we are doing the restaurant thing this year. I didn’t think my daughter would take it the way she has. Yesterday she said “so no duck?” and wanted to cry, after finding out we are eating at a restaurant.

Thanksgiving meal = booked!  Husband and I already did a huge meal Saturday for Friendsgiving, so I have no desire to cook all morning tomorrow. It will be my very first Thanksgiving without my parents and brother, but 35 years is a good run. We'll skype with the fam tomorrow.  I'm pretty excited about our meal tomorrow.  The restaurant is really good and they'll be serving up some good food, looks like.  
Ooooooh, where'd you book?  Fancy-fancy?  Or normal place.  Tbh, I'm trying to convince my friend to go to Bob Evans...I have no idea what it is, but I am horribly intrigued by it.

But yesterday, Boyfriend ate *none* of the roast at all. Requested "something else" for dinner. Which was my plan for tonight to give us a break from meat. So now he gets to eat roast twice today. And so do I. 
I love this punishment.  You didn't eat meat last night so you must eat meat twice today.  EAT THAT PROTEIN AND WEEP.

Ooooooh, where'd you book?  Fancy-fancy?  Or normal place.  Tbh, I'm trying to convince my friend to go to Bob Evans...I have no idea what it is, but I am horribly intrigued by it.

I love this punishment.  You didn't eat meat last night so you must eat meat twice today.  EAT THAT PROTEIN AND WEEP.
LOL OMG Husband keeps wanting to go to Bob Evans.  

We're going to Hedge Row!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back