October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or may be just do it now. Except the cog thingy. You will need that to finance the rest. 
I do hike and camp now. We're getting a dog so I can take them hiking/camping with me.

Working on the travel thing 

I probably could if I was single and not planning on having kids... Scratch that, I DEFINITELY could if I was single and not planning on having kids. But hey, c'est la vie.

I'm contributing 4% to my 401k, but that probably won't be enough to make much headway. Meanwhile, the expenses keep rolling in.
1) You really should bump that up to 5% to get the full match.

2) As you progress through your career, you'll make more and it will get easier.

2) As you progress through your career, you'll make more and it will get easier.
My last companies full match was after my 7%, even then they didn't put much. New company is much better, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
so they wont match anything unless you put at least 7%? 
They matched x% up to 7%. I forget what the exact number was, but let's say 3%. So if I put 7%, they put 3%. If I put 3.5%, they put 1.5%.

oh ok. Thats common. But yeah not the best.
I had another really weird one that was like, we match 1-for-1 up to 2%, then 0.5% up to 4%, then 0.25% up to 6%. I'm like, why break it down this much? It's stupid.

My employer matches $0.50 on the dollar up to 6%. My goal is to get there, then start putting money in a Roth IRA. Hopefully, I can bump my contributions up to 5% in the new year... But frankly, that depends a lot on whether I'm licensed or not at the end of this year. 🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back