October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same for DC/MD/Philly/Jersey except we get the late afternoon/early evening thunderstorms. Must be a case that they take until the night to get to you on LI.
Yeah, everything is moving east to LI, so we're the last to 'get' most storms.

Very weird for me to get weather before LI, though my mom loves it and keeps calling to see 'what's coming down the road'

I got it downloaded this morning and it's supposed to be live.

But I'm sure everyone and their mom is trying to get on right now.
I was thinking about getting Disney+, but I wanted to wait to see the reviews.  I already have Netflix/use my sister's Hulu/a couple other random free sites, so I didn't want to buy something else.  Especially if it's just me!

I was thinking about getting Disney+, but I wanted to wait to see the reviews.  I already have Netflix/use my sister's Hulu/a couple other random free sites, so I didn't want to buy something else.  Especially if it's just me!
I have Amazon Prime, Netflix, I borrow a Hulu and HBO account, and I got the deal for $3.89 a month for Disney+. I just want to play with it!

I bought a Roku yesterday. Boyfriend wants to move his computer out of the living room (understandable). He's very anti-Hulu apparently, I haven't used Hulu since college so 🤷‍♀️

@Will.I.Am, yeah, I could never live in Houston.  We got that sweet sea breeze/huge amounts of nearby water surrounding us, so that does cut down the heat a bit.

@LyceeFruit
My wife told me that she wanted us to consider moving to Houston... I told her that we'd spend a week there in the middle of August, then consider it.

My wife told me that she wanted us to consider moving to Houston... I told her that we'd spend a week there in the middle of August, then consider it.
I spent a weekend in Houston in April 2016. Nope. I'm good. It was 95% humidity at 7am. 

That sounds like a conversation my mom recently had with my dad concerning the snow bird routine to Florida and my dad wanting to spend a longer period of time there.

@LyceeFruit I have a Roku and it works fine.  I actually end up watching a lot of the "Roku channel" free movie (w/ commercials).  They're usually movies that are a little older and the commercial breaks give me time to pee/grab a snack during the movie.  Hulu is fine, you can pay more to have no commercials or get the base and have a couple per episode/show.  Idk how Hulu works, but it's kept me entertained with some Hulu-only movies and series not on Netflix.

That sounds like a conversation my mom recently had with my dad concerning the snow bird routine to Florida and my dad wanting to spend a longer period of time there.

@LyceeFruit I have a Roku and it works fine.  I actually end up watching a lot of the "Roku channel" free movie (w/ commercials).  They're usually movies that are a little older and the commercial breaks give me time to pee/grab a snack during the movie.  Hulu is fine, you can pay more to have no commercials or get the base and have a couple per episode/show.  Idk how Hulu works, but it's kept me entertained with some Hulu-only movies and series not on Netflix.
he appears to be very grumpy about commercials. he claims that even with the paid version there are some? 

he appears to be very grumpy about commercials. he claims that even with the paid version there are some? 
Can confirm. However, I dropped cable and got Hulu with live TV for $10 less per month, so I'm not complaining too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back