October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we had around 10 but defin way down due to the frigid temps! - we were giving out handfuls so we didnt have much left over..

We had zero. But we live on a very busy road with no street lights or sidewalks on our side so we weren't expecting any. 

Now I'm wondering if I can sub white onions for the yellow onions the recipe calls for? I have to go get chicken anyway so it isn't a big deal to buy them, I just have 2 white onions at home. 

It also gives me the option of dicing up roma tomatoes or using a 15oz can of crushed. Anyone have opinions? 
I'd go ahead and do the substitution for the onions, with the knowledge that the onions would be slightly less sweet. But I wouldn't mind this. I use white and yellow onions fairly interchangeably in all of my cooking (caveat, I don't make curries of any cuisine very often).

I'd probably use the crushed tomatoes, to make my life easier. But could see the fresh possibly being better texture-wise, as you'd presumably end up with more substantial pieces of tomato. That is, unless you're cooking the fresh tomatoes for a long time to break them down.

I'd go ahead and do the substitution for the onions, with the knowledge that the onions would be slightly less sweet. But I wouldn't mind this. I use white and yellow onions fairly interchangeably in all of my cooking (caveat, I don't make curries of any cuisine very often).

I'd probably use the crushed tomatoes, to make my life easier. But could see the fresh possibly being better texture-wise, as you'd presumably end up with more substantial pieces of tomato. That is, unless you're cooking the fresh tomatoes for a long time to break them down.
We should do an EB cooking show on Food Network where regular-looking people waaay over-engineer and over-analyze the process, implode, give up, and go out for pub food and beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back