October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might try to make chicken curry this weekend. I've never had it. Boyfriend makes it for himself using this packet from the store. but I'm gonna do it from scratch. What could go wrong

Edit: topps  :eek:ldtimer:

Last edited by a moderator:
I might try to make chicken curry this weekend. I've never had it. Boyfriend makes it for himself using this packet from the store. but I'm gonna do it from scratch. What could go wrong

Edit: topps  :eek:ldtimer:
From my experience, I recommend using fresh spices if at all possible, grind them with a mortar and pestle. A food processor is also OK. And be liberal with the butter. Mmm... OK now maybe I will make curry, too.

Is this the Japanese curry or the Indian curry? 
Indian curry as I didn't know Japanese was a thing.

From my experience, I recommend using fresh spices if at all possible, grind them with a mortar and pestle. A food processor is also OK. And be liberal with the butter. Mmm... OK now maybe I will make curry, too.
I'm going to go buy the spices I can from the local CoOp but if I can't find the garam masala, I might be SOL for making it this weekend. Sadly, my mortar & pestle and food processors haven't made the move yet (but hopefully tomorrow - which is when I'm gonna make it anyway)

So they had all of the spices - yay!

Now I'm wondering if I can sub white onions for the yellow onions the recipe calls for? I have to go get chicken anyway so it isn't a big deal to buy them, I just have 2 white onions at home. 

It also gives me the option of dicing up roma tomatoes or using a 15oz can of crushed. Anyone have opinions? 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back