October 2018 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prokofiev is good, but I prefer Holst
Eh, I do enjoy The Planets, but his other works...I mean, the rising falling scales and general ostinato (real folk songy) of his pieces kinda turns me off?  I enjoy listening to his St. Paul's, but not as background music while working.

Eh, I do enjoy The Planets, but his other works...I mean, the rising falling scales and general ostinato (real folk songy) of his pieces kinda turns me off?  I enjoy listening to his St. Paul's, but not as background music while working.
I was thinking of his other works besides The Planets...but maybe that’s because I played a bunch of them in high school band and college band. 

@In/PE/Out I like his stuff, just...if I'm at work I need something more mellow that I can kinda ignore.  I mean, my most intense music is either Vivaldi Seasons or musicals.
My intense stuff...is way too intense to mention.  😂 I listen to classical very seldom

6G34yUd.gif

My intense stuff...is way too intense to mention.  😂 I listen to classical very seldom
My parents are both classically trained musicians...my dad, specifically, got his masters in oboe.  I, unfortunately, know too much opera and classical music and smooth jazz.

My life is a calm, understated, hell, in 4/4 time.

A little bit quite on this week eh.  Lately, I've been trying to listen to classical music on a vintage turntable.  Not bad not crystal clear like cd, but the music is relaxing non fatiguing.

My parents are both classically trained musicians...my dad, specifically, got his masters in oboe.  I, unfortunately, know too much opera and classical music and smooth jazz.

My life is a calm, understated, hell, in 4/4 time.
I’m the same way, except leave out the classically-trained parents...and musicals.  I always enjoyed big band jazz more than I did classical

edit: Top!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good time to start putting those Christmas records to use.  I picked up some Christmas vinyl at Goodwill for 50 cents a pop.  

I’m the same way, except leave out the classically-trained parents...and musicals.  I always enjoyed big band jazz more than I did classical
Musicals are awesome!  A sweet gig my dad has been riding for 30+ years.  Couple that with lessons for kids, and he's still got a pretty steady, mostly cash, income after retiring at 55 from being a teacher.  My dad actually played in a big band, I think either alto or soprano sax, but stopped after a while because of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back