October 2018 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
its not the same thing?

Seriously, I don't know much about soil mechanics.
Realistic = a cost that a client can work with that is probably how they're going to actually excavate (minimal sloping, mostly grabbing substructures using an excavator)

Correct = a cost that assumes everything is as per OSHA with sloping 20-feet out for removal of a drywell.

Realistic = a cost that a client can work with that is probably how they're going to actually excavate (minimal sloping, mostly grabbing substructures using an excavator)

Correct = a cost that assumes everything is as per OSHA with sloping 20-feet out for removal of a drywell.
Ohh, silly me. That makes more sense. I thought it was a simple LxWxH or some other simple geometric calc.

WHAT IS THE 59-minute rule!!!!  Please explain?  It sounds weird/scheduling off?
the jist is that supervisors can grant <60min of leave that doesn't have to be declared on the time sheet. It's not really a thing, but it happens all over and so frequently that it gets treated like its legit. 

Sort of like how in Monopoly people get $500 for landing on free parking, even though its not in the rules. But everyone plays that way, so it might as well be in the rules.

the jist is that supervisors can grant <60min of leave that doesn't have to be declared on the time sheet. It's not really a thing, but it happens all over and so frequently that it gets treated like its legit. 

Sort of like how in Monopoly people get $500 for landing on free parking, even though its not in the rules. But everyone plays that way, so it might as well be in the rules.
Oh wow, had never heard of that.

It's a holdover(?)/tradition(?) from the military, where supervisor can't grant admin leave, but they can grant less than an hour of breaks. Hence 59 min. People would just take that break at the very end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back