October 2018 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@vee043324 Random question; you work in a senator's office?  Why do you need your PE?  Are you stamping stuff for her?  Again, just curious/want to know if you'd be using your PE while working there (this is not me saying that you shouldn't get your PE because you're a badass).
Fair question! I don’t plan on staying here forever. Want to get back to a more technical field soon.

Fair question! I don’t plan on staying here forever. Want to get back to a more technical field soon.
AH!  Okay, that makes perfect sense!  I kept thinking this whenever you talked about your job and I was like...maybe senator's review as-builts/need an engineer to review stuff?  I know nothing about politics except that DC has bad traffic and if I'm visiting I should try and take Amtrak.

@vee043324 Random question; you work in a senator's office?  Why do you need your PE?  Are you stamping stuff for her?  Again, just curious/want to know if you'd be using your PE while working there (this is not me saying that you shouldn't get your PE because you're a badass).
Having a PE is more than just stamping things. It convey's that that person has technical proficiency, professionalism, and high ethical standards.

It's really useful to have when working in policy or management because the technical types will respect you as one of them, and not as some know-nothing suit.

And speaking as a Nuke E, we almost never have to stamp anything anyway. I doubt I'll ever have to use my stamp.

things are quiet, too quiet
tenor.gif

Having a PE is more than just stamping things. It convey's that that person has technical proficiency, professionalism, and high ethical standards.

It's really useful to have when working in policy or management because the technical types will respect you as one of them, and not as some know-nothing suit.

And speaking as a Nuke E, we almost never have to stamp anything anyway. I doubt I'll ever have to use my stamp.
More letters after your name = More important person.  The same for every industry.

I'm actually getting mine because my company I am at right now is like, "Perfect.  You know this more than the PE we have stamping this right now, so you can start stamping soon."

Why is there such a lack of stamping for NEng?  Curious!

AH!  Okay, that makes perfect sense!  I kept thinking this whenever you talked about your job and I was like...maybe senator's review as-builts/need an engineer to review stuff?  I know nothing about politics except that DC has bad traffic and if I'm visiting I should try and take Amtrak.
please visit!!! with @frazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back