Oct 2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a nice add on but you had me with "goats and slip n' slides."

I took the CE WRE. I felt like the morning portion was pretty rough, a little harder than I expected with a lot more structure/geotech weight than I was comfortable with. I got about 24 problems that I was sure of, and about 10 that I narrowed down. The others were flat out guesses. I was hoping for a little more weight on transportation or water.

The afternoon session started out strong for me. I got all the water/wastewater questions, but I didn't do too well on the chemistry stuff. I think I got about 28 right for sure, with the rest being educated guesses.

Bottom line, I'm on the fence. I could have passed just as easily as I could have failed. It really pisses me off, I don't want to go through this again. No sense in stressing through, the time will come and the scores will be released before we know it.

motoacer, I feel exactly the same way about the PE electrical exam...basically I think im right on the cusp of fail/pass, so just to alleviate the heart attack to come, ive successfully convinced myself I failed and have accepted it. bitch of it is, I studied my ass off, sacrificed so much time away from my life and work, felt ready, and found that a HUGE chunk of topics I expected to see on the test weren't covered at all (or were very very minimally). I don't mind taking the test again, but waiting to take it again and going through the preparation part again is agonizing... wish we could take the PE as often as the FE is offered now :-/

motoacer, I feel exactly the same way about the PE electrical exam...basically I think im right on the cusp of fail/pass, so just to alleviate the heart attack to come, ive successfully convinced myself I failed and have accepted it. bitch of it is, I studied my ass off, sacrificed so much time away from my life and work, felt ready, and found that a HUGE chunk of topics I expected to see on the test weren't covered at all (or were very very minimally). I don't mind taking the test again, but waiting to take it again and going through the preparation part again is agonizing... wish we could take the PE as often as the FE is offered now :-/

Same here, if I could just sit for the PE in December, I'd do it. I'm about to go the route of convincing myself I failed and just start cranking problems again. It is what it is. Hey, even though I'll lose friends, be distant from family, and never leave the house, at least I'll be a better engineer, right???

And I better get an invitation to the party with goats, beer, and strippers if you pass! I can provide additional goats, if needed.

wow holy shit!!! based on that, I feel pretty sure I passed *PRAYING!!!!* if I do, I am throwing a huge party with goats and a slip n' slide and strippers and cake and endless beer. everyone will be invited so get ready.
xtinabellina,

could you explain a little bit based on what ? it makes you feel that you passed?. i did the Power two and i don't know if i passed or failed it lol..

just cant be sure at all. it would be great if there is any information out there that help you elevate the confidence.

thx

I was hoping for a little more weight on transportation or water.

It's funny you should say that, as I thought a couple of the more challenging questions in the morning were water questions. It's all about what you're the most comfortable with I guess! I thought the trickiest was a structural problem, though - you probably know the one I mean without me violating the terms of the agreement.

I was hoping for a little more weight on transportation or water.

It's funny you should say that, as I thought a couple of the more challenging questions in the morning were water questions. It's all about what you're the most comfortable with I guess! I thought the trickiest was a structural problem, though - you probably know the one I mean without me violating the terms of the agreement.

That's true, it depends on your workload.

And I know the one you're talking about!

It makes me mad, because I've done tens of problems like that before in undergrad and understood them. Unfortunately, after not seeing a problem like that for 5 years, it caught me off guard. I roughly knew how to do it, but it would have taken me way too long to set it up correctly and solve it. I threw a random bubble into the C answer for that one. Not worth the time!

wow holy shit!!! based on that, I feel pretty sure I passed *PRAYING!!!!* if I do, I am throwing a huge party with goats and a slip n' slide and strippers and cake and endless beer. everyone will be invited so get ready.
xtinabellina,

could you explain a little bit based on what ? it makes you feel that you passed?. i did the Power two and i don't know if i passed or failed it lol..

just cant be sure at all. it would be great if there is any information out there that help you elevate the confidence.

thx

well I found myself confidently able to answer a majority of the questions while having to make educated guesses on a few and total stabs in the dark for a small handful. I tried to keep track in the morning and afternoon of the quantity that fell into each category and my initial guess (calculated at the end of each 4 hour session) was that I felt unsure of about 5 in the morning and about 8-10 in the afternoon. the afternoon felt fuzzier to me because I found myself face to face with 2 problems i KNEW how to do, had done a billion times while studying, but completely fried and blank when it came down solving them at the end of the exam. based on running outta time and not getting the numbers to work for me, i basically stabbed in the dark. on the drive home, i started thinking that i possibly got questions wrong that i felt good about at the time, so i started to round up my estimate of unknowns to give myself a buffer. 5 in the morning and 8-10 in the afternoon turned into 10 in the morning and 15ish in the afternoon. suddenly yesterday i remembered another problem that, upon CALM AND COLLECTED thought, I realized I am pretty sure i got wrong. so then i started questioning everything.

long story short, my initial gut feeling during and right after the test was not, "OH IM FUCKED"; rather, it was, "I THINK I DID OK" but really I was angry at myself for not being 100% able to answer 100% of the problems because i studied my ass off and was counting on being able to tear this test up. so im just being a pessimist at this point. but i say you should try to think back to how you initially felt during and after the test about how many you felt confident about vs not (majority, half and half, etc). know what im sayin?

Back