Obama's speech, 2-9-09

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the more i think about the 90's and 80's I think it was good to have opposte party's in the oval office and congress, the more they fight amongst themselves the more it allows businesses the opportunity to get things done, having one party in 2000-08 gave them ample opprtunity to totally screw things up....
I bet you wont see wall street budge until the midterm elections....
Well you're exactly right. When one party controls both houses and the excutive branch, there are no checks and balances.

And, yeah, it'll be 2010 before Wall Street rebounds. I'm betting the Republicans will win a good many seats back.

Anyone see Little Timmy Geitner wants to toss another trillion at the banks? What a dope.

The intersting thing is that the liberals are doing their best to turn the "financial wizards" against the politicians. Heck, unless we PRODUCE something we have no "economy." The HARDWARE counts, NOT the advertising and "software." It will all fall upon itself someday. Luckily we participate in professions that know how to build roads and buildings. We know HOW to send energy down wires to be "used." I am ALWAYS amused by the "literate middlemen" that have so much to say about the failings of technocrats or craftsmen.

Once washington alienates the bankers, the political donations will evaporate, then it will become interesting. Wall street was BASED on PRODUCTS (at one time), now it appears to be based on credit. Wow, I don't even think that Douglas Adams could have predicted THIS joke.

Brilliant! I haven't read Calvin and Hobbes in a long, long time. I didn't remember it being so well done.

my daughter reads Calvin and Hobbes ALL the time. It's my FIL's all-time favorite, and he has a bunch of the books. He has given a couple of them to her. She's only 8 so she doesn't understand a lot of it, but it's big on pseudo-political stuff.

what do you mean? Bush did do this. They all do this. This isn't news.

Bush did not preselect reporters before he walked in to the room. Also, it seems like I remember Bush calling on Helen Thomas's wrinkled ass quite a bit despite the fact that he knew she was going to ask some assinine question. BO's is taking questions from The Huffington Post which is nothing but leftist propaganda. Of course, it doesn't matter who he picks out of the MSM, they're so eager to crawl up his ass they'll ask him questions about Major League Baseball.

roadwreck's right, chucktown. They all do this, all the way back to Reagan, that I recall. I bet Crter, Ford, and Nixon did it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back