No Soup for You

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALBin517

Reaction score
I'm just getting over a head cold. I was flat on my @ss on Sunday and missed work on Monday but have been getting progressively better since then.

But my wife let it slip in a phone call with her mom last night that I started feeling sick the day after I got my H1N1 shot. So mom-in-law called an RN friend of hers today, who recommended that I go to a walk-in clinic tonight after work to get checked out. Not only did mom-in-law agree :screwloose: but she made it clear that I am not welcome at her house tomorrow unless I am cleared tonight by a doctor.

It's just a head cold and I'm pretty much over it. I'm not going to waste a night going to see a doctor. So it looks like I'll be staying home tomorrow.

I dont know if thats a bad thing to be honest, a day all to yourself, no fighting over the turkey leg and sitting in the in-laws uncomfortable charis hoping someone changes the channel to football!

I am going to eat some raw chicken on the way home tonight..

Rest assured that I didn’t shed any tears when my wife gave me the message.
:rotflmao:

If you really are looking for some homecooking for T-Day though and don't mind driving to Jackson my wife went bezerk on buying stuff for the dinner. I was like .. it's just the two of us and it's going to take you two whole days to cook all this stuff?! :eek:hmy:

JR

I asked a friend with swine flu to sneeze in my face so I could avoid a baby shower.

Is it too late to fake H1N1 and stop everyone from coming to my house?

If you really are looking for some homecooking for T-Day though and don't mind driving to Jackson my wife went bezerk on buying stuff for the dinner. I was like .. it's just the two of us and it's going to take you two whole days to cook all this stuff?! :eek:hmy:
JR
For the first time in my life, I wont be having Thanksgiving with my immediate family...which apparently is making my mom all pissy, even though we have been telling her since he was born that we weren't going to make the trip up for thanksgiving. My sister called to thank me for making the past few days hell. I didn't go nuts shopping, but we are going to have a nice T-day just the 3 of us. Bought a turkey breast instead of a full turkey. Minisnick and a 4.5 hr drive would probably end up taking closer to 6 hrs...not something we wanted to do just yet.

how is it that moms (grandmas) forget what life was like when you were little?? My mom gets bent out of shape on the details like she has no idea what its like to have toddlers around.

For the first time in my life, I wont be having Thanksgiving with my immediate family...which apparently is making my mom all pissy, even though we have been telling her since he was born that we weren't going to make the trip up for thanksgiving. My sister called to thank me for making the past few days hell. I didn't go nuts shopping, but we are going to have a nice T-day just the 3 of us. Bought a turkey breast instead of a full turkey. Minisnick and a 4.5 hr drive would probably end up taking closer to 6 hrs...not something we wanted to do just yet.
Enjoy your first T-Day with mini-snick! :)

Mrs. JR also bought the turkey breast but she bought so many things to make all sorts of side dishes. She said that even though I said I was okay with just a few things that she NEEDED other sides that she associated with Thanksgiving. :)

JR

I think, as time goes by, people tend to only remember that toddlers are cute and precious and all that. They forget how much work they are. My yongest is now 6 and I've almost completely forgotten what it's like to have a little one.

Neither the wife or I are Thanksgiving people. But we do enjoy having 4 relaxing days together out of our busy schedule. My plan today involves a good long hike, watching some football, playing the Wii games I rented, and inevitably studying for the GMAT at some point.

I'm all about low key.

I think, as time goes by, people tend to only remember that toddlers are cute and precious and all that. They forget how much work they are. My yongest is now 6 and I've almost completely forgotten what it's like to have a little one.
My son is almost 5. The interesting thing I noticed yesterday was that the baggage compartment wasn't nearly as stuffed as it had been for previous trips. Fewer accessories required for travel with the boy these days. I'm liking it a lot since it seems to have given me an extra 200 ft/min in rate of climb.

For the first time in my life, I wont be having Thanksgiving with my immediate family...

You have a newly defined "immediate family"!!! Right?

We traveled what is normally a 6 hour drive with a 9-week old because my in-laws insisted we come up for Thanksgiving. It was a very long drive and we stopped on the way to see some friends and to do all the normal stops with a newborn and the first thing out of my FIL's mouth was "Why did it take you so long?" The whole trip was miserable, so I applaud you staying home with your new family.

And Flyer- I noticed the same thing the trip this year. I thought for sure we were forgetting something, but when there's no pack-and play, diapers, 300 changes of clothes, and the like, the vehicle is pretty empty. It's nice!

The first trip out of town with my son was at age 4 months. The first few flights, he would fall asleep just after takeoff and sleep for about an hour. He would then wake up, cry a little, and then go back to sleep. The crying fit would almost always happen over Champaign Illinois. Given the state of his diaper when we landed, we kind of figured he was making a statement about U of I.

The first trip out of town with my son was at age 4 months. The first few flights, he would fall asleep just after takeoff and sleep for about an hour. He would then wake up, cry a little, and then go back to sleep. The crying fit would almost always happen over Champaign Illinois. Given the state of his diaper when we landed, we kind of figured he was making a statement about U of I.
as of late, a very true statement about u of i.

The crying fit would almost always happen over Champaign Illinois. Given the state of his diaper when we landed, we kind of figured he was making a statement about U of I.

as of late, a very true statement about u of i.
When I was very young, I lived just north of Champaign-Urbana in a little town called Rantoul - probably even more reason to cry being there! :rotflmao:

JR

When I was very young, I lived just north of Champaign-Urbana in a little town called Rantoul - probably even more reason to cry being there! :rotflmao:
I drove from Scott AFB to Rantoul once. I had to photgraph damage to two 4K forklifts that were damaged when the truck carrying them took an on ramp a little too quickly. Seems like it was September of 91 or so.

Exciting, yes, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back