NEW YORK - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont even see us getting results next week. i wonder if lawyers have to wait this long???i doubt it, they wouldnt put up this crap..soon after they would pass the bar they would sue the state for some kind of claim of loss of income due to incompetence...

Here's something to do between obsessive checks of the state PE list - read the stories of engineers (and other professionals) gone wrong:
http://www.op.nysed.gov/rasearch.htm

(Few engineers get into serious trouble, but those nurses are a whole 'nother story.)

I received my letter in the mail today. I passed, but already knew that because my name showed up on the site on Wednesday. They also sent my license and certificate believe it or not. I didn't think that would be coming for another couple of months. Anyone else get anything in the mail today? I live in Manhattan, in case that makes a difference.

In that case I appoligize. I didn't realize you had an approaching deadline for a promotion that requires the PE. I have a promotion that's based on me getting my PE but there's no real deadline for it so I'd only lose a week if I got my results a week later. I hope for you your names comes up soon. Good Luck!

No problem. Sorry to YELL... just stressed out. Thanks and as another person mentioned, in these times I'm glad to have the job I have.

I called the state this afternoon. they said the letters were mailed out on Monday... very rudely might i add....

I called the state this afternoon. they said the letters were mailed out on Monday... very rudely might i add....
I think what's going on is this:

Castle got results, processed them and sent them to NYS. NYS reviewed them and is now counting on Castle to notify test takers of test results. (Letters from Castle at best were mailed 7/10 and may not go out until Monday.)

As soon as NY got test results, they started registering new PE's and assigning license numbers (started on Tues--very slowly @ 20ish per day). When you get entered on the website, they also prepare the PE info and send it out so you should expect to receive that a couple days after the website posting.

The person who got a letter from NYS will likely have another letter coming next week from Castle with a "PASS" grade on the exam -- but that won't be a surprise....

If you didn't pass (yet) you'll only hear from Castle with a diagnostic report.

For those of us who haven't been posted to the NYS website yet, we just have to see if NY :lamo: or Castle gets to us first. :mail-296: :waitwall:

I think what's going on is this:

Castle got results, processed them and sent them to NYS. NYS reviewed them and is now counting on Castle to notify test takers of test results. (Letters from Castle at best were mailed 7/10 and may not go out until Monday.)

As soon as NY got test results, they started registering new PE's and assigning license numbers (started on Tues--very slowly @ 20ish per day). When you get entered on the website, they also prepare the PE info and send it out so you should expect to receive that a couple days after the website posting.

The person who got a letter from NYS will likely have another letter coming next week from Castle with a "PASS" grade on the exam -- but that won't be a surprise....

If you didn't pass (yet) you'll only hear from Castle with a diagnostic report.

For those of us who haven't been posted to the NYS website yet, we just have to see if NY :lamo: or Castle gets to us first. :mail-296: :waitwall:

I just called castle again ( yes i'm on a campaign to annoy them as much as they annoy me). The lady said they mailed them all out on Friday. Somebody else should call and see what they say since they have different answers every 20 mins. Also NYS is hard at work posting zero licenses this morning.

I just called castle again ( yes i'm on a campaign to annoy them as much as they annoy me). The lady said they mailed them all out on Friday. Somebody else should call and see what they say since they have different answers every 20 mins. Also NYS is hard at work posting zero licenses this morning.
I just spoke with the lady name Jessica and she told me the samething that results were mailed on Friday.

They stopped putting more names after #087171. Do you think that is it? You think only the ones who got their names posted passed and none else?

They stopped putting more names after #087171. Do you think that is it? You think only the ones who got their names posted passed and none else?
Last year it took NYS about 35 days to update their website. This is only the end of week one, there are lots more to come!! Don't stress out yet.

If castle mailed it out on Friday the Usps may have driven them up to NY over the weekend, so we may be getting letters as early as tomorrow.

Got my letter on Saturday. Good luck all.

Did you pass ? I hope you did... Also, are you on the NYS website yet ?

By any chance did you see what was the post office date on the envelope ?

Thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
a buddy just called me,

the letter from Castle was in his mail today ........P

Just got the letter from castle 5 minutes ago.

Passed the FE electrical depth first try!!!!!!!!!!!

(with only like 2 hours of half hearted studying)

Did you pass ? I hope you did... Also, are you on the NYS website yet ?
By any chance did you see what was the post office date on the envelope ?

Thanks !
Yes I passed and yes I am on the website. I was posted on the website late in the afternoon on July 7th. The package is from NYS Ed and it was postmarked July 8th. I have not recieved the letter from Castle.

Back