NEW YORK - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are sure about 60% correct, the remaining 40% guessing will lets say get you atleast 10% and that brings you to 70%. I believe that you should be fine. Just hope for the best and good luck.

i took civil and structure PM and i did almost 60% or more and the rest i did it as a guessing and i feel that there are some of them correct and this is the first time to me ,
What do you think i will pass or ...........???

Congratulations

but which state you live ???

should we recive it today ???

I am from PA waiting for results as well, I am enjoying reading your board b/c I can find no one else in PA agonizing over these results - its great to know others are the same boat (although not the same state)

good luck to all waiting!

Well..you found the right board if you are looking for people agonizing over the wait for results. It isn't a secret that New Yorkers such as myself can't stand waiting for a two minute traffic light, let alone a PE test result.

I am from PA waiting for results as well, I am enjoying reading your board b/c I can find no one else in PA agonizing over these results - its great to know others are the same boat (although not the same state)good luck to all waiting!

I assume nobody received the Castle letter today. I was thinking if they mailed it Friday it could be here by today. My mail has arrived but I can't check it until I get home this evening.

I assume nobody received the Castle letter today. I was thinking if they mailed it Friday it could be here by today. My mail has arrived but I can't check it until I get home this evening.
My mail doesn't arrive until 2-3:00 pm, so I won't know until then...

My mail doesn't arrive until 2-3:00 pm, so I won't know until then...

My mail doesn't come until 4:30-5:00, so, I'll know after work

Steve: I also tried talking to the lady on Friday. She confirmed my address and all. I asked her when the results will be mailed. She told me that we will receive a letter in the mail stating PASS/FAIL and after 2 weeks will receive the further information as what to do about licenses. So I am thinking the same way that I passed. Hope we both are thinking too much right in to it.

Just a question: If i called the records department as Razzle suggested (ext. 250) and the lady confirmed my address and information is that a good sign or am I just thinking to much into it. She checked my SSN and confirmed but would not tell me the result. Is this information that they have if you fail?

I don't necessarily think that they'd only have your info if you passed, because 1 - you may be in the system from the EIT, and 2 - they would have you in the system from your application. So either they'll be mailing you your license in a few weeks, or mailing a form to re-sign up for the exam. It all depends on who you talk to with how they tend to addres things. Good luck, I'll keep thinking of you guys!

I called again today to try to squeeze a little more information from the Licencing Dept. I started off with "I read about the goverment shutdown and wonderded if this will effect when I get my license" She asked for my SSN and then I was on hold for like 30 seconds......she came back and said that they are reviewing applications on a day to day basis and not sure what is going to happen. I am not sure how to take that phone call if it means good or bad. She didnt give me any info.

I called again today to try to squeeze a little more information from the Licencing Dept. I started off with "I read about the goverment shutdown and wonderded if this will effect when I get my license" She asked for my SSN and then I was on hold for like 30 seconds......she came back and said that they are reviewing applications on a day to day basis and not sure what is going to happen. I am not sure how to take that phone call if it means good or bad. She didnt give me any info.
Did she think you were asking about taking the exam?? I know someone at work called today and asked about their application - and got the same response.

I just spoke with NYSED and the gentlemen there told me that no licenses will be posted today because they are short of staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for making that call. Saves alot of aggravation for the rest of the day knowing not to expect anything up there.

I just spoke with NYSED and the gentlemen there told me that no licenses will be posted today because they are short of staff.

Back