New York License Watch April 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy two posts above yours has been waiting a year.

I wonder if it would be faster and easier to just retake the test in New York?
I guess it depends how you look at it.  I waited 3 months and 12 days from the day I passed the PE until my NY license number was assigned.

Also, my initial application was somehow 'lost' in the NYS department of Ed. systems for nearly a year.  It was only found when I called them to find out what else was needed for me to finally hear whether or not I could sit for the PE.

Once it enters that 'Black Hole' I guess the theories on Space-Time actually kick-in, since the applications seem to go into slow motion (has anyone seen the movie "Interstellar"?)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a terrible option, IMO!
Yes, yes it is! I sure wouldn't do it!

I guess it depends how you look at it.  I waited 3 months and 12 days from the day I passed the PE until my NY license number was assigned.

Also, my initial application was somehow 'lost' in the NYS department of Ed. systems for nearly a year.
And it may not even be faster than commity.

Once it enters that 'Black Hole' I guess the theories on Space-Time actually kick-in, since the applications seem to go into slow motion (has anyone seen the movie "Interstellar"?)
Yes, and don't get me started on my GR rant. Or how that movie selectively obeyed the first order ramifications of GR, SR, HP, or really any science.

Anyone else still waiting? 

I just called them again and got someone that seemed much more helpful than previous people that I've spoken to. She said there was a hold on my file for some reason. She said that everything on my file looks good, there are no discrepancies, and they're not waiting on anything from me or anyone else. She then said she'd push my file through and I should get a license number by the end of this week or beginning of next week!

I have no idea why the 3 people I've spoken to before today (over the past ~3 months) haven't told me anything about a hold. I asked the exact same questions each time (Can I have a status update on my PE license? Are you guys waiting on anything from me or someone else? Is there an estimate on when I can expect my license number?).

I’m still waiting in Oregon. But my application should be in the next board meeting on 9/11/18. Hopefully I’ll FINALLY be a PE by the end of next week...

Hi All!

I am a Comity PE applicant to NYS. I applied last June and so far I haven't got my License yet. I sent an email to the Board and they replied saying "Your file is currently with the engineering board office for review. Should the board have any questions for you during their review, they will contact you directly."

Does anyone have got license through comity from NYS in the last months? I wonder how long we have to wait.. 

Thanks!

Hi All!

I am a Comity PE applicant to NYS. I applied last June and so far I haven't got my License yet. I sent an email to the Board and they replied saying "Your file is currently with the engineering board office for review. Should the board have any questions for you during their review, they will contact you directly."

Does anyone have got license through comity from NYS in the last months? I wonder how long we have to wait.. 

Thanks!
Holy ****....yours is June 2017??? You have me beat.

Mine date is August 7, 2017.

To date, my application has be delayed while they waited for my “FE Score” (I applied with NCEES Record)

Then “currently under review you are 5 weeks into the 12-16 week process”

Then at “Week 16” .... we are sorry your application “stalled in the system, and we have created a new “workflow””

Then “currently under review you are 3 weeks into the 12-16 week process.” (Yes, I went backwards apparently)

Then I was....”moved to the front of the line, but we are only review test takers at this time.”

I am 13.25 months into this process. I am just waiting for them to tell me that my application has expired.

They assigned my license number yesterday! It's been almost exactly 4 months since I received my exam results on May 16 (I took the chemical exam which is now computer based, so my results weren't released at the same time as the April exam).

Update:

After almost 16 months I was told that the NCEES Record I submitted (and was approved by 6 other states in the Union) did not demonstrate "Intensive application of engineering principles to the practical solution of engineering problems."

Now I get to try again, with a paper application.

At this point I truly believe that I was black listed for asking for status updates for over a year. No way any state rejects a comity application that shows 20+ years experience.

It sounds like they were trying to clear out their queue and started auto-rejecting out-of-staters for bogus subjective reasons.

...Or maybe they're blackballing you.

I applied for a transfer from CT. I passed the exam in Oct. 2017. 

I  sent my paperwork to the state(June 2018) and they told me everything looks good. The person I talked to says they are just waiting for the board to sit and look at the paperwork but they've been quoting 12-16 weeks since June. Does anybody have any solutions or ways to expedite the process. I want to apply for a position where I need to be a NYS PE holder. I have already missed out on one opportunity but I'm afraid if they take any longer, I'll miss out on that too. 

Back