New York License Watch April 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another disappointing day (for me) on the New York State PE License issuing watch...

Today was actually a 'banner day' - A total of 68 license numbers were issued by the NYS Dept. ed., with 59 of those issued to NY residents or residents of neighboring States.  The remaining appear to by comity applications.  Unfortunately I was not among those honored by this record-setting day :(

Now I'm the last 'New Yorker' person standing  - since I am the only person left, from among those I personally know who passed the April 13, 2018 exam, that has not yet been assigned a number.

All sympathy response will be willingly accepted.

I wasn't assigned a license yesterday either.

I got mine this morning tho!! they are still doing new licenses. I know 2 others besides myself who got theirs today also, it is just ridiculous how long they are taking though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably use one edition older than what NCEES list has the current designs standards  used on the 2018 PE exam.  Did anyone find that using an older edition of CERM, AISC, ACI, make any difference for structural pm or am portion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another disappointing day (for me) on the New York State PE License issuing watch...

Today was actually a 'banner day' - A total of 68 license numbers were issued by the NYS Dept. ed., with 59 of those issued to NY residents or residents of neighboring States.  The remaining appear to by comity applications.  Unfortunately I was not among those honored by this record-setting day :(

Now I'm the last 'New Yorker' person standing  - since I am the only person left, from among those I personally know who passed the April 13, 2018 exam, that has not yet been assigned a number.

All sympathy response will be willingly accepted.
Well... I finally got my number today, which appears to be a record-setting day for that NYS Department of Education getting their work done.

Full Disclosure, I also just ordered my Seal/Stamp, so I am somewhat satisfied, I suppose.

Now I only need the actual license certificate to complete the picture.

I now officially concede that the New York State department of Education is one of the greatest State organizations I have ever worked with.

{I truly hope those of you I have been communicating with will forgive me for my rapid change in attitude over all this. I am not so sure I would  be so kind to a flipper.}

I also have to admit that I just ordered my Stamp/Seal.

Thanks again to everyone who provided me so much moral and invaluable  suggestive support with this personal and professional this challenge.

David

This is insanely annoying. It is almost August now and I still havent heard anything about my #!!! Most of my coworkers have already received theirs. What is NY board doing seriously?

I'm in NC and also haven't gotten my number. Not sure if that helps you at all but at least you aren't the only one riding the struggle bus.

This is insanely annoying. It is almost August now and I still havent heard anything about my #!!! Most of my coworkers have already received theirs. What is NY board doing seriously?
Xia,

They issues 24 number on Saturday, including someone with Xia in their name (the second one issued that day), were you one of those?  I truly hope so, I was feeling the same way you are right now, just a couple of days ago.

One positive to keep in mind though, is that once the number was issued they were quite fast in getting me the two certificates (one the parchment and the other the actual license that need to b displayed where you would use your Stamp).  I got my number only last Wednesday and I had the certificates in my mailbox Saturday morning :)   I also ordered my Stamp on Wednesday afternoon, as soon as I had that number in-hand, and it was in my mail-box on Saturday as well (although a couple of hours later than the normal USPS deliveries).

Keep you chin up.

Still waiting on mine, and my last name starts with a 'D'.

It doesn't look like they have added any since Saturday. So I am still refreshing and hoping I get it this week.

Still waiting on mine, and my last name starts with a 'D'.

It doesn't look like they have added any since Saturday. So I am still refreshing and hoping I get it this week.
Only one (1) since Saturday (through noon today).

My Python program is continuing to monitor the additions, so my guess is they got past the heaviest complainers last Wednesday (the day I got mine).

Capture3.jpg

August 3rd and nothing yet for me.  I sent them an email to see what's up.
You should give them a phone call (assuming you don't get it by the end of Saturday).

They will look up your application in their document management system and let you know if there are any 'Red' flags.

When I called, they asked me the following questions:

1. Did I submit a form to explain a criminal conviction or arrest?
  2. Was my Driver's license schedule for expiration within the next four (4) months (since they perform the standard Driver's license criminal check)?
  3. Did I have any other PE Licenses from another State (that I did not report on my application - so I guess they do a check)?
  4. Have I ever had a New York State license revoked, or had a judgment or pending malpractice against another license?
      - They also confirmed that my application had been submitted (and all fees Paid) within the last five (5) years.

Then they confirmed that they had all my scores from NCEES, and told me I was in the queue for registration (but they would not tell me where in the queue I was sitting).

Good luck.

Celebrating 1-year today.

I was told this time that it "stalled in "the system.""

Celebrating 1-year today.

I was told this time that it "stalled in "the system.""
Congrats! IIRC a paper gift is appropriate for the first anniversary.

I don't suppose you have any potential clients, supervisors, or friends in NYS who could call their elected representation on your behalf to get it moving?

Hi everyone,

I am an NCEES Comity PE applicant to NYS. They told me that my experience record is sent to the engineer's board in early May. Since then I have followed up with the NYS Board (phone and email). They told me that they have a heavy workload and there are many applications ahead of mine. They even told me that their focus is on approving NY applicant to meet the registration deadline which is Aug 30, 2018, to sit for the October exam. So my application is literally waiting on their desk to be reviewed. Does anyone have any idea how long I should wait till I hear something from them? 

Thanks

Back