NCEES Credentials Evaluation

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my bachelors from India and masters from US.. I recently completed my NCEES evaluation and I have 12 credits missing in math/science and 6 in general education. I have passed my FE and want to give my PE for Massachusetts board. Any suggestions on how I can remove the deficiencies. I am not sure how I have 12 credits missing in math/science.
You have to ask the Massachusetts engineering board. They decide if you have to remove the deficiencies and if
so, what will be required.

Last edited:
Me too. I have a bachelor degree from a foreign country and would like to apply for licensure in florida. NCEES evaluation said that i missed 9 hrs General Education only. Would you mind telling me what to do next please.
https://fbpe.org/licensure/licensure-process/
just follow the board’s directions. They are pretty responsive. I would think they may forgive you for not having 9 hrs of general education since you have higher degrees from US, but I don’t know.
US BS definitely requires more general math and science hours than BS in my home country. It was about double amount of math hours here.
I attempted to evaluate my degree years ago with one of two approved evaluation companies in FL. It was a lot of trouble for me. They didn’t accept any papers from me. They wanted everything to be sent directly to them by my foreign university. Well, I found it was quite impossible to make my foreign school to send anything to US, especially getting every single course description. So, I gave up and spent a couple of years to get my BS in US while working full time as an engineer. I don’t have masters though.

I have my bachelors from India and masters from US.. I recently completed my NCEES evaluation and I have 12 credits missing in math/science and 6 in general education. I have passed my FE and want to give my PE for Massachusetts board. Any suggestions on how I can remove the deficiencies. I am not sure how I have 12 credits missing in math/science.
It all depends on state board. Usually (in my case and my friend's case with two different states) missing credits in general education are not required to meet. But, missing credits in math/science are mandatory to meet. CLEP or similar exams credits are acceptable by NCEES and most state boards to cover missing credits. CLEP or similar credits must be from the deficit subjects only. I hope this will help.

Hi thanks for your reply. I contacted the state and I am required to complete my math/sci credits.. I will be taking the CLEP exam to complete those. Thanks again .

Hi thanks for your reply. I contacted the state and I am required to complete my math/sci credits.. I will be taking the CLEP exam to complete those. Thanks again .
So, who has a final say in evaluation of your foreign degree, the board or NCEES?

So, who has a final say in evaluation of your foreign degree, the board or NCEES?
NCEES completes an evaluation against their degree requirements.
Your state board reviews the results of the NCEES evaluations and decides how to proceed. The state board ultimately has the final say.

NCEES completes an evaluation against their degree requirements.
Your state board reviews the results of the NCEES evaluations and decides how to proceed. The state board ultimately has the final say.
Thanks. A friend of a friend asked about this process not too long ago.
I guess it has changed since I tried to use my foreign degree 6 years ago. Back then, NCEES didn’t offer any evaluation services and the state board listed a couple of approved evaluation companies.

I applied for NCEES record. Since I graduated from outside the US, I had to evaluate my bachelor's degree by NCEES. I sent my original official translated documents, and it took two weeks for evaluation. They evaluated without deficiency. I paid $350 for the evaluation. I was very lucky that I didn't have any issue with the evaluation process. Now I have a record file so I can apply for any state by NCEES record.

From which university did you complete your bachelors and what was the year? I a see major difference in syllabus of recent years and old pattern. I am in the process of submitting transcripts to NCEES. I did bachelors from India, UoP. I hold Texas EIT, I have previously submitted my bachelors transcripts to TBPE and they didn't say anything.

I recently got mine evaluated. I have a bachelors from India and a MS and MBA from US universities. NCEES still came up with deficiency in 2 credits Basic Math/Science. I just don't understand their arbitrary scoring for credits obtained in a foriegn country.
Hey, Just came across this comment while I was researching about my NCEES evaluation. I did my bachelor's in India as well and MS from US. I got the NCEES evaluation report today and they came up with one basic science deficiency. Do you think I will be allowed to take the FE exam with that deficiency. Have you overcome any deficiency by enrolling in any school/university for just basic science courses?

Hey, Just came across this comment while I was researching about my NCEES evaluation. I did my bachelor's in India as well and MS from US. I got the NCEES evaluation report today and they came up with one basic science deficiency. Do you think I will be allowed to take the FE exam with that deficiency. Have you overcome any deficiency by enrolling in any school/university for just basic science courses?
Easiest method in my opinion is to give CLEP exam to cover the deficiency. No college enrollment required to give CLEP exams. Just check with NCEES which CLEP exam you should give to cover the deficiency. NCEES can also tell you if you are eligible to give FE exam with current deficiency or not. Good Luck.

Back