NCEES Credentials Evaluation

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My License application is finally approved, Should i buy a STAMP and put PE st the end of my name now?

You application was approved by your state board? And they gave you a license number? If yes to both of those questions, then yeah, go ahead of add PE to your name and get a stamp. If no to either of those, give it a little more time; sounds like your almost there

I had 1 credit missing in biology/chemistry and 9 hours in general education.  I applied for comity PE to West Virginia and it was approved without any mention of taking any additional classes. It seems they are considering other factors besides education evaluation. They may also be looking at your practical experience etc. Hope this will be the case with all the other states that I might want to comity to. I already passed my PE from NY board. I will hold off on taking CLEP exam in chemistry.    

Since you already had PE License, missing credits may not have any value in the comity License application. Thanks for sharing. 

Since you already had PE License, missing credits may not have any value in the comity License application. Thanks for sharing. 
So does that mean for most part I will be able to get license in any state by way of comity?  What you are saying is, when you apply to a board for FE/PE exams etc, missing credits etc may matter a whole lot. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I had been Evacuated my Engineering degree through NCEES then I got I am missing 6 hrs general education
Could you please let me know what next step?

I have MS in engineering from US university and Bachelor degree from foreign university. MS uni directly sent my transcript to NCEES and they verified. And my BS transcript, diploma and course description was pending on NCEES. My BS education tab was pending. NCCES emailed me to send them BS docs directly from my uni to them. They received and verified my foreign BS degree. I did not see any credential evaluation tab popped up in my record section. I asked them if I need to do credential evaluation, they said they bypassed that in my case and instructed me to transmit record to the board. I transmitted my NCEES record for initial licensure to the board. Does it mean that I don't need to do credential evaluation even I have UG from foreign uni, which is the board requirement?? Will the PE board accept this ?

I have MS in engineering from US university and Bachelor degree from foreign university. MS uni directly sent my transcript to NCEES and they verified. And my BS transcript, diploma and course description was pending on NCEES. My BS education tab was pending. NCCES emailed me to send them BS docs directly from my uni to them. They received and verified my foreign BS degree. I did not see any credential evaluation tab popped up in my record section. I asked them if I need to do credential evaluation, they said they bypassed that in my case and instructed me to transmit record to the board. I transmitted my NCEES record for initial licensure to the board. Does it mean that I don't need to do credential evaluation even I have UG from foreign uni, which is the board requirement?? Will the PE board accept this ? Does PE state boards accept NCEES transcript verification? What does it really mean if I am able transmit my NCEES record to the state board ?

I have MS in engineering from US university and Bachelor degree from foreign university. MS uni directly sent my transcript to NCEES and they verified. And my BS transcript, diploma and course description was pending on NCEES. My BS education tab was pending. NCCES emailed me to send them BS docs directly from my uni to them. They received and verified my foreign BS degree. I did not see any credential evaluation tab popped up in my record section. I asked them if I need to do credential evaluation, they said they bypassed that in my case and instructed me to transmit record to the board. I transmitted my NCEES record for initial licensure to the board. Does it mean that I don't need to do credential evaluation even I have UG from foreign uni, which is the board requirement?? Will the PE board accept this ? Does PE state boards accept NCEES transcript verification? What does it really mean if I am able transmit my NCEES record to the state board ?
Ultimately it's up to the state board, but I would expect them to accept NCEES's finding that you don't need a credential evaluation. Make sure you save the documentation from NCEES saying that you don't need credential evaluation. If it was only stated verbally, I'd ask for it in writing.

@jean15paul_PE Its interesting that I recently received a call from the board asking to provide the credential evaluation. I told them there is no option in my NCEES record to do the evaluation as they bypassed it and told me to transmit the record to the board. They said they need the C Eval. I asked NCEES to let the board know why they think they by passed my case. Waiting...

One of my fried had Bachelors and Master from foreign universities. He told me that NCEES told him that Masters has no value in credential evaluation for PE exams. They only look at what was covered in Bachelors program. I don't know if this info has any relevance to your case or not but just wanted to share this and wanted to know if this is still true or not.

If I have Masters and PhD degrees from the US in the same field as my Bachelors, do I still need to get evaluated for my Bachelor's degree?

If I have Masters and PhD degrees from the US in the same field as my Bachelors, do I still need to get evaluated for my Bachelor's degree?
The Bachelors degree is the one that NCEES cares about. If your Bachelor's is ABET accredited then you don't have to get it evaluated. If it's not ABET accredited, then you do have to get it evaluated. You graduate work should help you passed the evaluation.

Last edited:
The Bachelors degree is the one that NCEES cares about. If you're Bachelor's is ABET accredited then you don't have to get it evaluated. If it's not ABET accredited, then you do have to get it evaluated. You graduate work should help you passed the evaluation.
I just chatted with NCEES and they said it is up to the individual boards

I had been Evacuated my Engineering degree through NCEES then I got I am missing 6 hrs general education
Could you please let me know what next step?
Me too. I have a bachelor degree from a foreign country and would like to apply for licensure in florida. NCEES evaluation said that i missed 9 hrs General Education only. Would you mind telling me what to do next please.

Me too. I have a bachelor degree from a foreign country and would like to apply for licensure in florida. NCEES evaluation said that i missed 9 hrs General Education only. Would you mind telling me what to do next please.
You need to contact the Florida board, share the results of the NCEES evaluation with them, and ask them what you need to do to get licensed.

I have my bachelors from India and masters from US.. I recently completed my NCEES evaluation and I have 12 credits missing in math/science and 6 in general education. I have passed my FE and want to give my PE for Massachusetts board. Any suggestions on how I can remove the deficiencies. I am not sure how I have 12 credits missing in math/science.

Back