Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was pretty good. Will Smith was funny, just didn’t have the same kinda powerful singing as robin but that may be because I was used to it. Overall it was solid, Jafar had an interesting back story and I thought Aladdin got better as the movie rolled on. The only part I felt was forced was the Jasmine storyline. Def worth a watch I think. 

Took the (old) kids to see Toy Story 4 this weekend. It was, in my opinion, the best of the 3 sequels. But that might be because I saw #2 so much - over and freaking over again when my kids were little - that my opinion of it is skewed. I was never a big fan of #3 - I thought it was way too serious, especially at the end.  The incinerator scene had my eyes rolling.  #4 seems to tread the line between funny/entertaining and seriousness a lot better. 

We’re going Tuesday - whole family since we pretty much had the first one on repeat while they were young.

Watched The upside Friday night- I wasn’t really wanting too but the wife and daughter rented it- it was actually pretty good in a depressing sort of way- I’d recommend it..

Also watched Captain Marvel today - was one of the better avengers movies IMO - maybe cause it had references to Top Gun and lots of SLJ...

We’ve had like a week of rain- all caught up on TV- ready for a more typical semi desert CO summer -

Only saw the reviews that said it was a trainwreck of a re-told story so we decided to wait until it was on Bluray/Netflix.

6438890ec2a1150a2f2ced9dac555ce9.jpg

Still waiting on "X-Men", but in the meantime, I can verify that "Hellboy" was a trainwreck.  Made it the whole way through the movie, but it didn't do very well on the iPad scale.

So, for those of you not on "the Facebook", I made my big screen debut.  I don't remember even hearing about it being in theatres besides some film festivals, but I was an extra in "My Days of Mercy".  It was when I still had my motorcycle and they said they were looking for biker lookin' guys.  It was a grand total of about 1 second.

It was funny while they were shooting though.  We had to look like we were in a bar, but not make any sound at all...no glasses clinking, no talking, nothing...we were all supposed to sit there and mouth "peas and carrots" over and over again so it looked like we were talking.  My motorcycle actually got more screen time than I did.

I only watched enough of the movie to find my scene and FFW-ed through a bit, but for those interested in that kind of thing, I can verify that there are boobs and at least one scene of Kate Mara and Ellen Page doing things that are definitely not kid appropriate.

Mercy 1.jpg

Mercy 2.jpg

It was my telework day so I got a couple movies in since I had to stick around the house.

“John Wick 3” was good but pretty much what you would expect...it was more of what went on in “John Wick 2” meaning it was also a lot like “John Wick 1”. Not going to win any oscars, but entertaining enough.

The one that surprised me was “Alita”. Didn’t think I’d like it as much as I did. Apparently based on some sort of Japanese story so I don’t know if the super nerdy are complaining about how “wrong” it was or not, but I liked it.

I watched 1&2 with my daughter(18) last weekend and she really liked them in a train wreck sort of way and went to see #3 this past week and said it was entertaining..

Anyone see the new spider man? Guess we can’t really call it new but the remake?

The one that surprised me was “Alita”. Didn’t think I’d like it as much as I did. Apparently based on some sort of Japanese story so I don’t know if the super nerdy are complaining about how “wrong” it was or not, but I liked it.
We saw it in the theaters at my daughter's request. We really liked it as well.

Anyone see the new spider man? Guess we can’t really call it new but the remake?
We saw it opening weekend and enjoyed it. It's the final movie in the "Infinity" part of the MCU story arc, so it's not really a remake per se. It has huge spoilers if you haven't already seen Avengers:Endgame.

Unfortunately for me I did see end game. I think we should sue marvel for making any
Movies after end game.. false advertising....

I read where they are making without remorse finally- will be good to see a John Clark story line movie for a change. Just please god no Ben Afleck anywhere...

My family had mixed reviews of Spider Man Far from home. My son and I really enjoyed it. My wife and daughter thought it was pretty meh.

Back