Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched Tangled last night. It was a good movie...sort of a mix of cinderella meets little mermaid, meets ella enchanted meets beauty and the beast, meets sleeping beauty.

Saw Marwencol last night. True story about a dude who gets royally beat up outside of a bar by five kids. He's in a coma for nine days and, long story short, he makes an alter ego out of an action figure, makes a set of a town he made that's filled with Barbie dolls, and he hates the SS. Not spectacular, but an interesting story.

I witnessed a train wreck last night. I call it Battle of Los Angeles. Wow... Had I not watched it directly from Netflix, I would have sworn it was produced for the Sci-Fi Channel and to be aired Sunday mornings at 4:00 AM. Here I am thinking, "This was made in the last year. Certainly it should have some decent special effects if nothing else."

BBBRRRRRRRRMMMMPPP!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if MST3K came back for this film alone. Aliens still fire off rounds with the PEW PEW sound effects. Really? All types of explosions (cars, buildings, aircraft) go off with little or no black smoke. As if everything were made with natural gas. If black smoke was in an explosion, it appeared to be an animation of still frames constructed in Microsoft Paint.

And the story line or acting? Well... "epic".

If you're one of those people who yell at the people on TV like they can hear you and you're drunk, I say go rent this flick to pass the time and give you something to do. Otherwise, I just say go rent this flick so every other movie you ever see will seem that much better... except maybe Godfather 3... that movie really did suck.

I hope that the Hangover Part II doesnt suck!!!!

most comedy sequals seem to not be able to live up to the hype, but I am really looking forward to it!

Saw Fast 5 last night

I liked it...except the said a Porche GT3RS wasn't good enough and went for a Nissan 370z instead

So the wifey-wife and I saw 9 Songs last night on Netflix... well... half of it, at least. Here's a synopsis of the first half of the movie and I can only assume the rest of it is the same since we don't plan on finishing it:

10 Guy meets girl at crappy rock concert

20 Guy and girl have "relations"

30 For song = 1 to 9,

40 Guy and girl go to crappy rock concert

45 RANDNUDITY

50 Guy and girl have "relations"

55 if song = 9,

60 Goto 90,

65 else

70 song = song + 1

80 Goto 30

90 End

This movie, even though it has gratuitous female nudity and at least one close-up shot ( ;) ), may be more appealing to the ladies as there is equal showing (if not more abundant showing) of the guy's shlong. :puke:

If you're looking for naked ladies in a movie, just watch a pr0n flick instead of this foreign thing.

Finished watching The Last Emperor last night. With Mini-MS hitting the hay so early the last two nights, we took advanatage of this nearly 3 hour long movie.

I'm surprised how much I liked this little diddy. This autobiography-made-movie was a historical eye-opener as I was completely ignorant on the happenings in China prior to WWII. At different times in the movie, I found myself liking, then disliking, then feeling sorry for, the emperor. He was lofted on a high pedestal and had thousands of servants, but was manipulated over time and ultimately lost his individuality. However, the end of his life was more humbling, but still lived as if he required / needed / expected a servant.

It's not a "feel good" movie, but left me thinking, "Damn commies."

Saw Bridesmaids with the wife and sis in laws

Pretty good for a girl movie

More 'serious' I suppose than the hangover but still a comedy in the same vein nonetheless

Saw Paper man last weekend. A little on the weird side, and it started slow, but it was actually a pretty decent movie overall.

Saw Bridesmaids with the wife and sis in laws
Pretty good for a girl movie

More 'serious' I suppose than the hangover but still a comedy in the same vein nonetheless
+1

I saw it with my wife.

A chick flick from Judd Apatow means a little something for everybody. Well, not for kids or old people or anybody who is easily offended... but something for everybody else.

Last edited by a moderator:
We ended up watching Salt last night. It was sitting in Netflix's "new arrivals" section, staring us down for a while. The movie was... "entertaining". Mrs MS said it best, "This movie was like a bad Wal-Mart CIA novel you read in the impulse buy section in the checkout line."

Don't plan on watching it again in the near or distant future.

bridesmaids looks pretty funny...

we watched no strings attached last night, maybe 5 funny parts, the rest of it sucks..

We watched "I do and I don't" on on of the Showtime channels the other night. Strange movie but I thought it was pretty funny. I had never heard of it before. Sort of a Meet the Parents type of situational humor. Check it out if you get Sho.

We ended up watching Salt last night. It was sitting in Netflix's "new arrivals" section, staring us down for a while. The movie was... "entertaining". Mrs MS said it best, "This movie was like a bad Wal-Mart CIA novel you read in the impulse buy section in the checkout line."
Don't plan on watching it again in the near or distant future.

I liked when the feds were on the overpass, firing down into bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Anybody who has ever fired a gun knows better than that... much less anybody with CIA training.

Not sure if anyone has ever heard of this movie before, but the wifey-wife and I saw The Runaways last night. It's about the all-girl, short-lived band of the same name in the 70's. You may recognize the names of Joan Jett, Cherie Currie, and Lita Ford. I don't pay much attention to what bands sing what songs and had a few "a-ha" moments when they were playing a few - "They sing that? Hmmm."

Overall, I thought it was a pretty good movie. Interesting to see how bands interact, start, live, etc... especially when the most popular / prominent members are 15 or 16 years old.

"Jack - f*cking - pot! Jail - f*cking - BAIT!" - Kim Fowley

Hmm maybe I'll watch that one

I watched (started anyway) I am number 4...was building up and starting to get good when the power cut off

Back