Motorcycle Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's heavy for a 500cc bike. My old 650 (1981 Suzuki) weighed about a 100lb less.

I've always been partial to smaller bikes. Mid eighties VFR500F Interceptors and the 250 Ninjas and Fazers.

Always wanted a Harley 1200 Sportster. Except I don't know how to ride a motorcycle. In my only attempt to ride, I ran head-on into a brick wall. :true:

I'm not that much of a fan of the Sportster. I've only ridden two of them but I'm much happier on the heavier bikes with much lower CG.

I love rolling the bike out in the Spring. I have a 2006 GSX-R 600 (or "gixxer" as they are commonly referred to). Sad that I will be putting it up on stands and away for the season already. :(

I love rolling the bike out in the Spring. I have a 2006 GSX-R 600 (or "gixxer" as they are commonly referred to). Sad that I will be putting it up on stands and away for the season already. :(
I remember when the GSX-R 750 came out in 1985; it was a real ground pounder.

New bikes came out so frequently in the mid-eighties, we used to refer to the latest offering as the superbike of the month.

I own a Suzuki GS 500 about 10 years ago. It was my first, and probably last, bike. It was in pretty rough shape when I bought it, so I had it painted Prowler Yellow. I loved it, but it is so impractical for me to own/use that I will probably never own another. Sad.

That was it. i actually had alot of bad luck with the bike (leaky tank, broke sproket, bald tires, etc), but I had a blast riding.

EB.com?

0.jpg

That was it. i actually had alot of bad luck with the bike (leaky tank, broke sproket, bald tires, etc), but I had a blast riding.
That looks like it could be fun. Pretty light? It doesn't look like you had to lay on your wrists too bad?

I too pulled the bike in the barn, topped off the gas with stabil, pulled the battery, and pulled the kid's soft plastic wading pool over the top of it...

Reading reviews of thm, they actually sound like really nice bikes, absent electrical gremlins.

Back