Merry Christmas...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MA_PE

engine near
Reaction score
(or whatever holiday you celebrate) to the best group of people one could ever hope to meet online and/or in-person.

merry Christmas building and loan!

& just like that... its all over  :(   and now were all just stuck with plain old winter - well all of us except Ble..

I hope that all of y'all had a very Merry Christmas! It sucks to be back to work, but a short week is always nice. We're heading to Maui for New Year's, so I'll be off Friday and Monday. 

Mele Kalikimaka and [COLOR= rgb(34, 34, 34)]hau'oli makahiki hou[/COLOR] to you and your family, Ble. Where on Maui are you guys going?

Mele Kalikimaka and [COLOR= rgb(34, 34, 34)]hau'oli makahiki hou[/COLOR] to you and your family, Ble. Where on Maui are you guys going?
We're staying in Kihei. It will be my first time over there and Mrs. ble went when she was 15, so we're looking forward to doing some sight-seeing. Plus, it's whale season and Maui is supposed to be the place in Hawaii for whale watching, so we're excited about that. What part of the island did you stay when you went?

We're staying in Kihei. It will be my first time over there and Mrs. ble went when she was 15, so we're looking forward to doing some sight-seeing. Plus, it's whale season and Maui is supposed to be the place in Hawaii for whale watching, so we're excited about that. What part of the island did you stay when you went?
We spent our first night in Hawaii in Kihei.  Asked for recommendations for breakfast and was told the Kihei Caffe was the classic place for breakfast.  Breakfast all day and at 7 am the place was packed.  Food was good and the portions were huge (which was good because it cost over $40 for two people, cash only)

What sightseeing are you planning?  Going to Hana?  Haleakala?

We did a VRBO in Kihei, right on the beach. It was great. We did the road to Hana (the back way, which you aren't supposed to take rental cars on). A snorkel trip to Molokini was excellent. I can get the name of the boat that we went on...I can't remember the name off the top of my head. We were not there in whale watching season, but I have also read that Maui is whale central. Have fun!

If the weather cooperates we're going to see the sunrise on Haleakala. I don't think we'll go to Hana because I'm not sure I want to be in the car that long with the kids honestly. We've got our whale watching tour booked already leaving from Lahaina, so that day we'll spend some time over there looking around. Haven't really planned much else other than that. We're just praying for nice weather while we're there.

That sounds pretty spectacular, will you stick the kids with your wife's parents? I know I would!

Everybody's going on the trip with us, so we don't get to dump the kids the whole time unfortunately. We will try to plan a night out or a side hike for me and the mrs. while we're there though.

If the weather cooperates we're going to see the sunrise on Haleakala. I don't think we'll go to Hana because I'm not sure I want to be in the car that long with the kids honestly. We've got our whale watching tour booked already leaving from Lahaina, so that day we'll spend some time over there looking around. Haven't really planned much else other than that. We're just praying for nice weather while we're there.
I don't blame you on Hana--that trip is an adventure, and probably not the most fun with little kids.  Lahaina is a neat little quaint town.  We stayed there at the Pioneer Inn for a couple nights.  The largest Banyan tree in the US is in a park there by the wharf.  Haleakala at sunrise sounds neat.  We got up there later in the morning, fortunately before the cloud started moving in around noon-ish.

A lot of people seem to like Paia, but to me it just looked like an overcrowded tourist trap with not enough parking.

Belated merry christmas to everyone!

<------ posted from the comfort of my man cave. :thumbs:

Belated Merry Christmas from the great white north!  

Things that happened at the Dleg compound:

- shoveled snow

- Got really drunk Christmas night, played games (cards against humanities, dominoes) at my nephew's house till morning

- slept almost all day Monday

- played videogames on my our new PS4 the rest of Monday and Tuesday, to the point that my wife is pissed off at me for playing video games the rest of Monday and Tuesday.

I read in a tourist book that they call the road to Hana the "Road to Divorce Court"

Haleakala sounds pretty awesome

MC and HNY!

EEEEEEBEEEEEEE!!!!!

2017 Is going to be our best year ever for every single one of us. So much win coming in 2017.

Merry belated X-mas/New Years, everyone.

Back