Massachusetts Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info! I think my heart just leaped into my throat... Good luck to you as well!

passed SE1 - letter postmarked 6.29, EES notice dated 6.23, DPL letter dated 6.25

good luck, everyone.

passed SE1 - letter postmarked 6.29, EES notice dated 6.23, DPL letter dated 6.25
good luck, everyone.
Congrats! I'm hoping to join you as a new Structural PE...

Did you receive the letter in the mail today?

I passed the environmental PE exam!!

:multiplespotting: :party-smiley-048: :mf_bounce8:

I passed the environmental PE exam!!
:multiplespotting: :party-smiley-048: :mf_bounce8:
Congratulation on passing the exam - I am sure you must be static. I have a question, since I have not received my results yet. Do you just get a letter telling you that you passed, or do they send you additional information regarding your stamp, etc.?

Congratulation on passing the exam - I am sure you must be static. I have a question, since I have not received my results yet. Do you just get a letter telling you that you passed, or do they send you additional information regarding your stamp, etc.?
Thanks, amn14. I got three sheets in the envelop from EES - a form that said I passed, a sheet that told me how to get my wall certificate, stamp, etc... and a sheet that had an example of what the stamp should look like. I hope your results arrive very soon and you passed!

how about you, AMN14? did you open the mail yet? Or are you waiting for your Hubby to open it for you?

Just a quick question for those in MA, I took the SE1 for the second time and didn't pass, do you know the requirements for taking the test a third time. I know I need continuing ed credits, I took the ASCE Review course I'm wondering if that counts.

Also, for those structural people out there with the exam changing in 2011 any thoughts on whether MA is going to start requiring more then the civil stamp for structural work?

Just a quick question for those in MA, I took the SE1 for the second time and didn't pass, do you know the requirements for taking the test a third time. I know I need continuing ed credits, I took the ASCE Review course I'm wondering if that counts.
Also, for those structural people out there with the exam changing in 2011 any thoughts on whether MA is going to start requiring more then the civil stamp for structural work?
In future most of the states will need structural stamp for structural work but how long it will take, can not be said. Normally it takes a long before states change anything. I would not worry about it right now. I gave structural exam in MD because I work 100% structural and I wanted to give SE1. But if you feel you can pass by giving civil, go ahead give it...

MA gives PE's for each discipline. While technically it is not an "SE state" your seal will state that you are a structural engineer if you pass either the SE1, SE2, or both. Your seal will say "civil" if you pass the PE Civil exam.

With that said, only structural engineers can seal structures in MA. You might get fined if you try to seal a structure with a civil license even if you took the structural PM portion of the civil exam.

:2cents:

FYI: My MA licesne was my first out of state license. While I take all of my licenses quite seriously, MA has a special place place in my heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back