Major Parenting Failure

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omg the kids don't sleep with thier dates under the parents roof!

at least not when we are home. :puke: :puke: :mad:

My mom gave me one of many sex talks beginning in third grade. Sex sounded so gross that I didn't understand why ANYONE would want to do it. Later on, in high school, when many girls were getting pregnant she asked me this series of questions:

Mom: Can you get pregnant the first time?

Me: Yes

Mom: Can you get pregnant if he pulls out?

Me: Yes

Mom: Can you get pregnant and still live in this house?

Me: No?

Mom: Good answer.

She also said to my boyfriend as we were headed out on a date, "Hey, keep your penis out of my daughter."

I never had sex in high school.

I will have to remember that one.

Mary, please hang around here for at least 4 more years, I may need some help / advice.

My 8 year old daughter has already asked my wife what those boxes are for next to the toilet in mom and dads bathroom( you know the box that shows up for a few days once a month). My wife described a little bit to her and my daughter's face turned white and she said I won't have to do that until I am really old am I?

She also said to my boyfriend as we were headed out on a date, "Hey, keep your penis out of my daughter."
I never had sex in high school.
I am so using that.

Reminds me of the other day when the 6 YO was in my 18MO son's room and he had torn off his diaper. She said VERY LOUDLY:

"Dude, I don't want to see your penis!"

I SO wish I had that on video. I could play that back with every date that she ever had in our house.

Although, I'm sure it'd just be an embarassment at the time and probably make her do it just to "get back at her old man".

Why oh why did I ever decide to grow up?

Mini Ble is only 6 months old, so at least I have a little time to prepare for this discussion, but I don't know what I'll do if we have a little girl next. I can totally see myself as the big, intimidating dad that will question the hell out of my daughter's dates. I can remember very well what it was like to be a teenager, and I think it would drive me crazy as a dad to think of my daughter going out with one of those guys! :D

I figure I'll be able to handle a talk with my son, but I'm sure I'll have to have Mrs. Ble's help if we have a daughter. Mrs. Ble said her mom always told her "Man, woman, bed, baby" so she got the picture from a young age without too many graphic details.

My mom gave me one of many sex talks beginning in third grade. Sex sounded so gross that I didn't understand why ANYONE would want to do it. Later on, in high school, when many girls were getting pregnant she asked me this series of questions:
You had girls that got pregnant in your HS? As in plural?

We had some girl who got knocked up in a bathtub after the senior prom in the class ahead of us, and it was the most scandalous thing that rocked the school district in years.

Then I moved to VT and it was commonplace. It was pretty freaky.

My ex-girlfriend from my Junior year of high school was pregnant before graduation (daddy was the ass-clown she was cheating on me with).

My wife's HS best friend was 5 months pregnant at her graduation too. It was literally the first time she had ever had sex. Ironically, she got pregnant on her 2nd attempt too a couple years later.

BTW, my wife and I didn't go to the same high school, but we did graduate the same year.

Last edited:

We had some girl who got knocked up in a bathtub after the senior prom in the class ahead of us, and it was the most scandalous thing that rocked the school district in years.

I remember several pregnancies when I was in high school. There was also a girl that had a baby in 8th grade.

There were quite a few pregnancies in my high school as well. The one that was the weirdest to me was this girl that I always thought was a Mormon. She wore the long skirts/dresses every day and I didn't even think she knew what sex was. Anyway, I remember seeing her walk across the stage 7 months pregnant at graduation and being totally flabergasted. I think there were somewhere between 15 and 20 pregnancies in my graduating class of about 400.

Should also add that the two pregnancies I said above were the only 2 in both mine and my wife's graduating classes. Granted, I graduated with 53 others and my wife graduated with 16 (yes, sixteen)

Yeah, there were a few, but they all went to the doctor to 'take care of it.' Some went a few times.

I'd think birth control would have been cheaper and more comfortable for them.

And I went to private school...

Back