Louisiana Results In

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm maybe you are right. It's tough. Perhaps the online course was just terrible for construction with test masters. I just felt pretty demoralized doing so poorly on it. When I was stronger in other areas.

I know exactly how you feel. For the Minnesota course, the construction teacher was awesome, but the water resources guy was terrible. I felt so confused by his topics and felt he would get lost and confused by his own notes. Having a bad teacher can definitely set you up for lack of topic understanding. I haven't gotten my results yet, but using the previous suggestions I walked out of the afternoon feeling super confident. I went through the learncivilengineering.com manual topic by topic, pausing to work the corresponding problems in the 6 min solutions. The best tip I got was to really work through a topic and get a handle on it before moving on to the next. Trying to learn different things at once can get confusing. In addition I did the practice exam that goes with the manual and the NCEES practice exam. Doing this, there was barely a question I hadn't seen in some form before. I agree with the previous comment that starting over with a new topic would be more challenging than digging into your current one.

I took with me the HCM, green book, Transportation depth reference book, and a good transportation book from school. That's all I looked at during the afternoon part. I only used the cerm in the morning. The geometry problems were cake. Other questions like design speed, lane width, and stopping sight distance. Only so many possible questions can be asked on the transportation side. I did about 4 pratice tests and worked tons of problems to get prepared. Spent most of my time getting ready for the morning which from what I heard was much easier but broader then afternoon. I finished the morning section an hr early and felt I over prepared for the difficulty of the questions. The afternoon I had to do my best guess on 10 questions because I ran out of time. Took the test in Houston and scored a 75%. Barely passed but I'll take it.

Also. I picked transportation because several of my civil pipeline buddies before me took it and passed.

Back