Louisiana Lapels Application Timeline with New Method

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like they are on 43793 right now. Interesting it's someone in Rhode Island.

I haven't been following the progress to know how many are issued and when. Trying to just be patient.

@jean15paul

It should be close now. This week or next.
I received an email today. LAPELS has determined my application to be incomplete. My experience record (which was very detailed in my personal opinion) did not directly stated WHY my experience should be considered acceptable, since in wasn't directly under a PE.
Also one of my personal references was missing something on their form.

Resubmitted today. The waiting game begins again.

I received an email today. LAPELS has determined my application to be incomplete. My experience record (which was very detailed in my personal opinion) did not directly stated WHY my experience should be considered acceptable, since in wasn't directly under a PE.
Also one of my personal references was missing something on their form.

Resubmitted today. The waiting game begins again.
Praying for you.

Congrats! What exactly did you change when you resubmitted? I'm probably going to be in a similar situation as the PE I was working under has retired and is in very bad health so getting his direct signature was out of the question.
I've never worked in a role that required a PE license, so as such only 1 of my 5 positions happened to be under an active PE. (Another one was under an expired PE, but that doesn't count.) On my initial part 2 application, I described my experience and responsibilities in great detail, but then I received an email from LAPELS stating my application was incomplete. I did not include "an explanation showing why the experience should be considered acceptable."

So even though I described the experience, I didn't directly say, "This experience wasn't under a PE, but it should be considered acceptable because..." and then give a reason. I went back to each experience record and added a statement explaining that. The statements for each position were pretty similar with a different justification at the end. Here's an example below.

"Although this experience was not gained under the supervision of a professional engineer, Mr. <name deleted for privacy> is a leader in the field of naval architecture and ship design and analysis, with more than 18 years of experience. Under his guidance, I gained progressive engineering experience that demonstrates a knowledge of engineering mathematics, physical and applied science, properties of materials, the fundamental principles of engineering design, and the application of engineering principles in the practical solution of engineering problems. Naval craft design and stress analysis is critical to the success of our military. My leadership as the primary finite element analyst demonstrates that this work is of increasing quality and requiring greater responsibility."

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man!

I’m guessing you had a least 4 years under that 1 PE that you got your reference? Or did they count the others as progressive experience.

Thanks man!

I’m guessing you had a least 4 years under that 1 PE that you got your reference? Or did they count the others as progressive experience.
Actually yeah. I did. But they still wanted a justification statement for every other position in my work history record. I have 15 years of experience (5 jobs at 3 different companies) so my record was quite long (compared to the 4 year applicant).

Back