Liquor!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like JW black, i always have a bottle around.  don't care for green at all, drank red when i was poor.  I do love blue.

You have to be careful with new distilleries making brown liquors (i.e., aged liquors).  Bourbon requires a minimum of 3 years of aging to be called bourbon, but most decent ones are aged at least 8.  If you have a new, craft distillery opening up and immediately selling bourbon, they aren't selling what they are making.  Bulleit, Angel's Envy, Jeptha Creed, Town Branch, and I'm sure there are others in Kentucky are all selling re-packaged bourbons from other distilleries.  Sometimes, they have a say in what grain bill and age they are bottling, but it isn't their recipe.  Even some established brands farm out some liquors (such as Sazerac Rye being made by MGP...the distillery has been around since 1850, but they no longer distill their own spirits). In fact, MGP (Midwest Grain Products) is unique in that they are a huge distillery making lots of high quality liquor, but they don't label anything they make as their own.  They are purely a contract distillery.
This is why the first batches of Wyoming Whiskey were like drinking paint thinner. I've heard it's gotten better, but I'm not brave enough to try. 

I'm very much looking forward to going home tonight and making myself and the fiancé a Dark 'n Stormy using Koloa dark rum and Trader Joe's ginger beer. :)

@wilheldp_PE I just realized you said the search control was 45 seconds,  I didn't catch that in the previous board "updates" but you should be good to go for unlimited searching.. sorry bout that...

@wilheldp_PE I just realized you said the search control was 45 seconds,  I didn't catch that in the previous board "updates" but you should be good to go for unlimited searching.. sorry bout that...
No worries.  I'd rather put with with the mild inconvenience every time I need to search for something rather than you having to deal with a DDoS attack on the forum.

@knight1fox3 where are you, dark n stormies going strong!
Sorry! I got distracted!!! But let's head over to the drunk tank anyway...

vegas_drinks.jpg

Back