Less than 2 weeks away. How's everyone feel?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zm83

Reaction score
So we have less than 2 weeks until the we sit for the exam. How prepared do you feel?

So far I have done the NCEES test twice

CI exams twice

Spin ups once

Did like 30 CI code drills (I'm familiar with the code and use Tom Henry index so it was time not well spent on these)

I average about 2 hours per exam and average score of about 80-85%

most of my missed points are from small mistakes that trip me up but I'd like to think my fundamentals are strong. My weak points are Econ. (Getting better) & random misc. topics not really mentioned specifically in the scope (ex. Sawtooth waves in spin up exams)

But I'm feeling decent and ready to start winding down my studying soon. I've never studied this much for anything else.

Also in my prep I've found Alex Graffeos book to be very helpful. You could almost team this up with the EPRM & NEC and be set. I would highly recommend it If your taking the Power PE.

Not good. I will probably cover about 70% of the material by exam day.

Guessing will be part of my strategy.

Very similar to you, zm83. I've done NCEES twice, CI twice, Graffeo twice, spin up once.

I have the code drill, but only did maybe 5 of them. I use the code every day and also have Tom Henry's.

First time through the CI, I averaged 80-85%. First time through NCEES, I got a 75% with lots of small stupid mistakes. Spin up was easy.

The most I missed on any exams the second time through was 3 problems.

I feel like I have been slacking the last couple weeks. I'm worn out from studying and very nervous about the actual exam even though I've been doing well on the practice exams.

I'm also to the worn out phase and worried about the test. If it's anything like the comments about October then I'm not sure how I will handle it.

i know same here i wish badly that the exam be different than october,,,,,,, i tried to do my best rest ITS ALL DEPEND ON HOW THEY SET UP EXAM. but good luck to all. may hard work pays off for all of u.

I feel like I'm prepared and ready to take the exam.

I've done NCEES exam 4 times, Complex Imaginary 3 times, Graffeo once, and finishing up Spin-Up for the second time. I did 160 of the NEC drillbook problems and use the code a lot a work.

I also took the GA Tech review class. I'm very familiar with most of my references and have lots of notes, highlighting, tabs, etc throughout them.

I've been scoring in the 80%+ range.

If that's not enough preparation to pass, then I don't know what else I can do.

Best of luck to all of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=10.5pt]I’m feel I done all I can do. I have done the complete CI Drill book and used the Tom Henry with it. I went through all CI test, Spin, Graffeo and Ncees test so many time that I don’t remember I just keep doing them over and over asking myself how the Ncees may ask this question or how many topic go with this type of question. I tried to approach this test like I'm training for a Title fight against Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao and Mike Tyson all rolled up into one. The only thing I still feel a little shaky in is the Engineering Economics the problems just through me for a loop but I’ll keep working them for the next couple of days .Next I think I’ll work on getting enough rest and proper nourishment so I can be ready on Friday the 17!! I found that any mistake that I have made were from just plain on tiredness, GOOD LUCK everybody!!!!! And to all those who had to sacrifice time with family members to make sure you understands problems like NCEES 526 of looking up NEC codes man this has been rough [/SIZE]

at this points, you guys should be done studying. IMHO, you guys right now should be doing the practice exams a few times, gathering some materials that you think you may need, organizing all the materials, tab it etc for another week or so..then on the last week, you basically relax...Don't study the day or ..it's not going help..

oh..another thing, if you are doing all the practice exams, write the whole solutions out, not just ah..i know that answer...keep doing it until you get 90%+++

Last edited by a moderator:
Brace-yourselves-noobs.jpg

At this point last April it was helpful for me to focus on finalizing my formula sheet and ensuring I had my reference materials thoroughly tabbed and organized to my satisfaction. Not only did that end up helping me find things during the exam but also reinforced my knowledge. That worked for me and may work for others.

I don't feel very confident (As of right now). Going into the test last time I felt like I was prepared to do pretty well. I did the CI, NCEES, Spin Up more than once and felt pretty good about most of the questions. I barley failed (you get to see your score in Texas). My advice would be not only go through all these sample exams, but actually have a good understanding of the problems and what is being asked. When reading the question pay attention to detail, because that could easily get you. When you see a problem that you don't seem to understand, move on to the next one then come back to it, that way you clear all the ones you know and have enough time at the end for the ones you don't. Organize your reference material pretty well, know where every topic is, that it wouldn't take you long to get an equation that is needed for the problem. The day of the exam don't stress or panic, just relax, take a deep breath and do your best, that way you will be more clear on how to answer the problem and you wont confuse yourself. I am sure we all are studying so hard for this test. I wish each and everyone of you to pass, and never go through this again. Good luck everyone!

Thank you Khaled I thing what you said is right on point hopefully we all have what it takes to get through this monster of a test.

At this point last April it was helpful for me to focus on finalizing my formula sheet and ensuring I had my reference materials thoroughly tabbed and organized to my satisfaction. Not only did that end up helping me find things during the exam but also reinforced my knowledge. That worked for me and may work for others.

Nope, this is going to be a buzzer beater...

guys and gals,

don't worry about the exam. it will be easier if you could keep calm on the exam day. as I mentioned in lot of the previous threads in October morning session I could not answer single answer confidently for the first 12 problems. I took a bathroom break for 5 minutes and thought about something completely different than the exam. then I started doing the problems from back and it did miracles. I could answer around 9 problems in the first 12 problems which looked greek to me first.

my suggestion is please do not read anything on Wednesday and Thursday. Do whatever you like the most. Sleep for at least 8 hours on Thursday. I took Wed and Thur off from work. I read/did problems on the final 2 days and it lead to loss of confidence. keep yourself calm. once after the exam when I discussed about the exam with my study partners, I felt like the exam was really easy, but i made around 8 dumbest mistakes as I read the question wrongly. I hope everyone passes the exam with flying colors. all the best to everyone.

Back